About the School of Business
We prepare all our students—undergraduate and graduate—to become leaders who have a positive impact on our communities, society and the world.
- Distinctive academics, taught in small classes by dedicated faculty
- Outstanding internship and networking opportunities and thought-provoking events
- Skill building for today’s business world, including analytics, decision-making, and experience with the latest technologies, like Bloomberg Terminals, Simeo software for supply chain management, and RStudio for the programming language, R.
Mission, Vision and Values
We aspire to provide a dynamic learning environment and to be a highly trusted source of professional talent that is globally and socially conscious.
We prepare a diverse student body to be data-driven, socially responsible, and resilient leaders. We do this through an experience-based and integrated curriculum delivered by a student-centered faculty committed to excellence both within and outside the classroom.
We are guided by the following values of:
- Mutual respect, civility and concern for others
- Partnership, collaboration, and cooperation
- Integrity, transparency, and accountability
- Openness to new ways of knowing and doing
- Appreciation for the intrinsic value of a liberal arts education
Societal Impact Statement
The Willumstad School of Business is committed to having a positive impact on society. One of the primary ways we plan to accomplish this is through a focus on quality education that is inclusive and equitable and DEIB and other initiatives that reduce inequalities, in line with the United Nations’ Sustainable Development Goals of Quality Education (SDG 4) and Reduced Inequalities (SDG 10).
A Lasting Legacy
Adelphi has been offering business degrees since 1934, but it wasn’t until 1964 that the School of Business Administration took form and began to gain substantial momentum.
The Willumstad Story
Adelphi University named its business school after Robert B. Willumstad, an alumnus who became president of CitiGroup and briefly served as CEO of American International Group.
Diversity, Equity, Inclusion and Belonging
The Robert B. Willumstad School of Business supports an inclusive learning environment where all students feel understood, respected, and appreciated.
Who’s Hiring Adelphi Business Grads?
Recent graduates of the Willumstad School of Business have been hired by the following organizations.
- Axis Capital
- Bank of America
- BDO USA
- Catholic Health
- Estee Lauder
- Federal Bureau of Investigation (FBI)
- Flushing Bank
- Grant Thornton
- Grassi & Co.
- JP Morgan Chase & Co.
- Major League Baseball
- Marks Paneth
- Morgan Stanley
- Northwell Health
- NYU Langone Health
Dedicated to Affordability
Take a look at our tuition and costs, and then review a complete list of available scholarships and grants. We’ll work with you to help make your Adelphi education affordable.
Tuition & Financial Aid
We’re dedicated to helping every student secure funding, and we offer a wide variety of financial assistance programs in addition to the various state and federal programs.
Adelphi awards merit-based scholarships to qualified accepted students based on many factors. Depending on family need, you may also be eligible for additional grants, loans and the work-study program.