Join one of the highest-ranked social work programs in the country, designed with convenient evening classes.
Why Earn Your Bachelor’s Degree in Social Work?
You’ll provide clinical services, such as therapy or counseling, to help people overcome challenges. You can be a school social worker, child social worker, medical social worker or take one of many other career paths to help others.
Why Choose the ANSWER Program at Adelphi?
- Benefit from a flexible model that accommodates you if you’re changing fields to pursue a career in social work.
- Learn in small classes taught by our world-class faculty, who will guide you academically and professionally.
- Gain a deep understanding of social issues through our innovative curriculum, emphasizing hands-on learning in real-world community settings.
100%** Adelphi University Career Outcomes Survey: Class of 2018
Exceptional Hands-On Learning
Studying social work at Adelphi is a hands-on experience. Before graduating you’ll complete 600 hours (10 hours per week) of fieldwork and follow in the footsteps of fellow Adelphi alums who held internships at some of the top human services organizations in the New York area, including:
- Alice Brown Early Learning Center
- Girl Scouts / Boy Scouts of America
- New York State Education Department
- Pride for Youth
- SCO Family of Services
Credit for Life Experience
ANSWER students may be eligible to apply for up to a maximum of 10 life experience credits that can be applied toward elective requirements. Life experience credits cannot be used to waive any of the required social work or liberal arts courses. To request life experience credit, apply to the director of the undergraduate program, submit descriptions and documentation of your activities, and prepare a series of written essays. These essays are graded by faculty using prescribed criteria. The grade and the number of essays submitted determine the number of credits awarded.
To apply for this program, submit the transfer application along with the appropriate application requirement. Be sure to list your interest in the School of Social Work ANSWER Program on the application.