Looking to change careers? Already have a bachelor’s in another field? Fast-track your career by earning your nursing degree in just 14 months with Adelphi’s Accelerated BS in Nursing program.
Why Earn an Accelerated BS in Nursing at Adelphi?
If you already have a bachelor’s in another field, you can complete our fast-track BS in Nursing in just 14 months.
Studying full time, you will begin in a summer cohort and advance in the Accelerated BS in Nursing program with your peers while learning from dedicated faculty who offer a comprehensive approach to the program’s didactic, clinical and research components.
So, if you’re looking to change careers and transfer into a nursing program, you can put your nursing career on our accelerated track—one of the fastest ways to become an RN—while also earning a nursing degree from a top-ranked college.
- Learn hands-on nursing and assessment skills in a state-of-the-art simulation center utilizing the latest technology.
- Gain valuable nursing experience in a wide variety of high-quality clinical settings.
- Learn inclusive nursing practices from world-class faculty with clinical and research expertise in areas such as acute care, critical care, labor and delivery, mental health and community health.
Exceptional Hands-On Learning
At Adelphi, we believe hands-on experience is key to setting our students up for future career success. This is why as an accelerated nursing program student you will have access to firsthand medical experience at one of our dedicated education units (DEUs) located at:
- Huntington Hospital, Northwell Health
- Mather Hospital, Northwell Health
- Memorial Sloan Kettering Cancer Center Perioperative Program
- NYU Winthrop Hospital Perioperative Program
- St. Francis Hospital, Catholic Health Services
In addition, we have clinical opportunities in all five boroughs of New York City and Nassau and Suffolk counties.
State-of-the-Art Educational Nursing Technology
On our main Garden City campus, we have the opportunity to offer our nursing students uniquely tailored clinical experiences by simulating the hospital setting. We do this through the latest tools and technology
Our state-of-the-art simulation lab provides our students with the highest-quality simulation technology in a safe learning environment so they receive the education, practice and exposure they need when applying for their first job.
- Victoria, our birthing manikin, simulates a live birth and is one of only two such manikins in the tristate area.
- Hal, our new state-of-the-art pediatric manikin, is the most advanced pediatric patient simulator in the United States—capable of simulating lifelike emotions through dynamic facial expressions, movement and speech.
Clinical Education & Simulation Lab (CESiL)Located in the Nexus Building on Adelphi’s campus, the 22-bed CESiL houses seven clinical exam rooms, a delivery room, a pediatric exam room and a home-care setting. Students learn in a safe environment, where mistakes can be made without endangering patients, and train in situations ranging from emergency to routine.
Clinical Education & Simulation Lab (CESiL)Located in the Nexus Building on Adelphi’s campus, the 22-bed CESiL houses seven clinical exam rooms, a delivery room, a pediatric exam room and a home-care setting. Students learn in a safe environment, where mistakes can be made without endangering patients, and train in situations ranging from emergency to routine. 7 Photos
Inside the Clinical Education and Simulation Lab
The Accelerated Nursing degree program only offers a summer start in May, and the application deadline is December 15, 2023. All prerequisite courses must be successfully completed by the time the program starts at the end of May, we are available to advise what those requirements are to get you started.
To apply for the accelerated nursing program, submit the appropriate application requirements:
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited four-year college or university
- Minimum cumulative 3.0 undergraduate GPA
- C+ or higher in all prerequisite courses
- A grade of C+ or better must be achieved in all science prerequisite courses. Students may only have one grade below C+ in any science prerequisite course on their record and that course must be repeated for a grade of “C+” or higher. Any student who receives below a C+ in more than one science prerequisite course would not be eligible for the Accelerated Nursing program.
- Three professional references
- Personal statement
- Interview for qualified candidates
These are the prerequisites for admission into the accelerated nursing program. The science prerequisites must have been completed within the last 10 years:
- Anatomy and Physiology I and II
- One semester of Inorganic Chemistry and One semester of Organic Chemistry, or CHEM 109
- Developmental Psychology
- Nutrition (2-credit nursing course)
Transformative Educational Opportunities
All undergraduate students have the opportunity to apply for the following programs to expand their educational landscape:
Awards & Recognition