Looking to change careers? Fast-track your career by earning your nursing degree in just 14 months.
Why Earn an Accelerated BS in Nursing at Adelphi?
If you are looking to change careers and transfer into a nursing program, we can put you on a fast track to success with our Accelerated BS in Nursing program. This track allows students who have a bachelor’s degree in a field other than nursing to complete our BS in Nursing program in 14 months. Studying full time, you will begin in a summer cohort and advance in the program with your peers while learning from dedicated faculty who offer a comprehensive approach to the didactic, clinical and research components of the program.
- Learn hands-on nursing and assessment skills in a state-of-the-art simulation center utilizing the latest technology.
- Gain valuable experience in a wide variety of high-quality clinical settings.
- Have a chance to “live the life of a nurse” with extensive on-the-job work experience so you can smoothly transition to your nursing career.
94%** Adelphi University Career Outcomes Survey: Class of 2018
Undergraduate Nursing Degree Options
Whether you are looking to change careers or trying to keep up with the rapidly evolving healthcare landscape, our nursing program has multiple degree options that can get you where you need to go.
BS in Nursing
Join one of the highest-ranked programs in the country, designed to prepare you for a rewarding career in nursing.
RN to BS in Nursing (Online)
Centered around meeting current needs in the field, this track allows registered nurses to work while they earn their degree, and also build an excellent foundation for graduate studies, both in nursing and in other fields.
Exceptional Hands-On Learning
At Adelphi, we believe hands-on experience is key to setting our students up for future career success. This is why as a nursing student you will have access to firsthand medical experience at one of our dedicated education units (DEUs) located at:
- Huntington Hospital, Northwell Health
- Mather Hospital, Northwell Health
- Memorial Sloan Kettering Cancer Center Perioperative Program
- NYU Winthrop Hospital Perioperative Program
- St. Francis Hospital, Catholic Health Services
In addition, we have clinical opportunities in all five boroughs of New York City and Nassau and Suffolk counties.
On our main Garden City campus, we have the opportunity to offer our nursing students uniquely tailored clinical experiences by simulating the hospital setting. We do this through the latest tools and technology
Our state-of-the-art simulation lab provides our students with the highest-quality simulation technology in a safe learning environment so they receive the education, practice and exposure they need when applying for their first job.
- Victoria, our birthing manikin, simulates a live birth and is one of only two such manikins in the tristate area.
- Hal, our new state-of-the-art pediatric manikin, is the most advanced pediatric patient simulator in the United States—capable of simulating lifelike emotions through dynamic facial expressions, movement and speech.
The Accelerated Nursing degree program only offers a summer start in May, and the application deadline is November 15. All prerequisite courses must be successfully completed by the time the program starts at the end of May, we are available to advise what those requirements are to get you started.
To apply for this program, submit the appropriate application requirements:
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited four-year college or university
- Minimum cumulative 3.0 undergraduate GPA
- C+ or higher in all prerequisite courses
- A grade of C+ or better must be achieved in all science prerequisite courses. Students may only have one grade below C+ in any science prerequisite course on their record and that course must be repeated for a grade of “C+” or higher. Any student who receives below a C+ in more than one science prerequisite course would not be eligible for the Accelerated Nursing program.
- Three professional references
- Personal statement
- Interview for qualified candidates
These are the prerequisites for admission into the accelerated nursing program. The science prerequisites must have been completed within the last 10 years:
- Anatomy and Physiology I and II
- One semester of Inorganic Chemistry and One semester of Organic Chemistry, or CHEM 109
- Developmental Psychology
- Nutrition (2-credit nursing course)
Transformative Educational Opportunities
All undergraduate students have the opportunity to apply for the following programs to expand their educational landscape: