Employment eligibility and regulations for international students who are maintaining valid F-1 status are determined by Federal Regulations set forth by the U.S. Department of Homeland Security.  There are limited work opportunities available in the United States for F-1 students. In order to maintain valid F-1 status, a student must not work in the United States, unless the employment is specifically authorized under the regulations.

Students who are interested in working on or off campus should review International Services employment policies and procedures and always talk with your designated school official (DSO) located in International Services if you have any questions.

On Campus Employment

International students maintaining valid F-1 status are permitted to work on the Adelphi University campus while maintaining a valid I-20 and enrolled in a full course of study.

Off Campus Employment

Off-campus employment is work that takes place outside of a school campus. International Students are not eligible for employment off campus without valid authorization from USCIS or through CPT authorization provided by International Services.

Social Security Administration

Obtain information regarding the administration and the issuance of the social security number and card and other SSA information. Find out more about the international student process to file for a social security number (SSN).

Phone Number
More Info
Post Hall, 203
Search Menu