If you’re considering a career in accounting or are looking to move up, the Advanced Certificate in Accounting is meant for you.
Why Earn Your Advanced Certificate in Accounting?
Our advanced certificate program appeals to students who have a bachelor’s degree in business and want to become eligible to sit for the CPA exam in New York without completing a full MBA program. It’s also good for students with a completed bachelor’s degree in any discipline other than accounting.
Why Earn an Advanced Certificate in Accounting at Adelphi?
- Explore the discipline of accounting and gain a basic understanding of accounting principles and techniques. Our 42-hour Advanced Certificate in Accounting program consists of undergraduate courses in accounting and business law.
- You’ll get qualified for staff accounting positions in both business and nonprofit entities.
- Helps you meet the academic eligibility requirements to sit for the Uniform CPA examination in New York State. Course work in this program will also help meet the prerequisites for the MBA program with accounting specialization at Adelphi.
- Due to the sequential nature of the accounting courses, students can complete the certificate in six semesters or three years.
86%** Adelphi University Career Outcomes Survey: Class of 2018
The College of Professional and Continuing Studies was founded to serve the nontraditional and adult student, and its admission policy reflects a commitment to enrolling students who may have not had the opportunity to complete their degree in a traditional undergraduate program.
- Submission of an official transcript from a regionally accredited four-year college that shows successful completion of a bachelor’s degree in any subject with a minimum of 2.75 GPA cumulative for all undergraduate work.
- Although past academic records are required and reviewed, more focus is placed on a student’s present motivation to earn a degree than with previous academic performance.
- The Office of University Admissions makes every effort to notify candidates of their admission decision approximately three weeks after a completed application is received.
- You can be admitted at any time during the academic year.