In 2012, Adelphi University launched the 10 Under 10 Young Alumni Recognition Program to honor alumni who have achieved exceptional career and professional accomplishments, even before celebrating their 10-year Adelphi reunion.
Since then, we’ve recognized 100 individuals of various backgrounds and cultures. They’re physicians, cybersecurity defenders, choreographers, financiers, nonprofit leaders and healers. Seven of them have served on our board of trustees.
This year, we mark the 10th anniversary of the 10 Under 10 Young Alumni Recognition Program with a special celebration during Adelphi Spirit Weekend on October 14–17, 2021, when we will be inducting our 10th anniversary class as well as recognizing the 100 inspiring alumni who have been inducted into the program since 2012.
The 2021 10 Under 10 Honorees
- Kerri Lynn Ackerly ’11, MS ’13, PhD
- Wei Chen ’15
- Romina Kazandjian ’11, PhD
- Alex Klotsche ’17
- Edwin A. Maldonado ‘13, Esq.
- Crista E. Maracic ’13, PhD ’19
- Christina M. Marini ’11, PhD
- Monica Martinez ’13, MBA ’15
- Kenneth Michael Murray ’15
- Arianna Savoca ’13, MBA ’14, CPA, SHRM-CP
10 Years of 10 Under 10: Spotlight on Our Earliest Honorees
- Candace Thompson-Zachery ’08 received her BFA in dance from Adelphi and an MA in performance curation from Wesleyan University’s Institute for Curatorial Practice in Performance. She is now a Brooklyn-based dancer, choreographer, certified fitness professional and cultural producer. She is senior manager of programming and justice initiatives at Dance/NYC, founder of CanDanceFit, artistic director of ContempoCaribe, and founding executive director of Dance Caribbean COLLECTIVE.
- After earning a BS in physics and minors in studio art and art history, Alyssa Grieco ’12 decided her true passion was the arts. She completed her master’s degree in historic preservation with a specialization in stained glass conservation at Columbia University. Today, she is the founder and president of Small Town Girl Arts, where she sells fine arts photographs, paintings, stained glass and watercolor drawings.
- Akhil Ketkar ’08 earned a BS in mathematics and computer science with a 4.0 GPA and then received his Master of Science in computational science and engineering from Harvard University. He is director of financing and trading at Weiss Asset Management in Boston.
- Former trustee Ivaylo Ninov ’08 earned his BS in finance cum laude and was in the Honors College at Adelphi. He is the chief financial officer at Western Heritable Investment Co., where he is responsible for all aspects of investment underwriting, financial reporting, tax compliance and investor relations. He also oversees the accounting department and is the primary liaison with lenders, attorneys and other specialized service providers.
Congratulations to all our past honorees.