Global Spirituality & Activism Certificate
The Global Spirituality and Activism Certificate nurtures the spark of belonging in each person that, when activated, serves as a catalyst for building a more just world.
Grounded in the values of compassion, love, wisdom, and empathy that together illuminate sacred and secular visions of a better world, this program offers students a community of mentors and peers that sits, shares, and works together to create positive change.
Completed with a cohort of student peers, this program invites students to develop a more holistic, intentional way of being in connection with others and the broader world. Within a community-based framework of contemplation, reflection, and activism, students will begin a process of transformation extending to individual, communal and systemic healing.
As a result of participating in the Global Spirituality and Activism Leadership Certificate, you will:
- Self-report increased mindfulness and attentiveness to the nature of their thoughts, biases, emotional, and spiritual ways of being.
- Self-report an increase in awareness and connection to self, both individually and in relationship with others
- Engagement and reflection with our community with active compassion and contemplative practices.
- Identify strategies to engage in social change that integrate contemplation, collaboration, community.
- Participate in strategic action to influence policies and systemic change.
- Describe from experience how Spirituality and Activism intersect and complement each other.