Part of Adelphi’s long-term strategy is to become a home for increasing numbers of students and faculty of Hispanic backgrounds and to continue conducting research and offering opportunities that support our growing Latinx community. We’re well on our way.
Hispanic Serving Institution Task Force
We are building a network of resources that intentionally focuses on serving Hispanic students at Adelphi so they will thrive and graduate.
This network of resources will contribute to advancing our goal of becoming a Hispanic Serving Institution (HSI).
Adelphi is committed to serving Latinx students and creating a sense of belonging for their academic and professional success. In addition to making our University accessible to more Hispanic/Latinx students pursuing a post secondary degree in higher education, we are actively building a network of resources at Adelphi that will help ensure they thrive here, graduate and experience social mobility in the future.
The Task Force supports and promotes an institutional commitment to serving Hispanic students and continues to build the following resources with their unique needs in mind:
- Academic Support
- Alumni Network: The achievement of our successful alumni network can contribute in meaningful ways by supporting the success of our Hispanic students. Mentorship, career and internship opportunities, and giving, will enhance our community and long-term goals for sustainability.
- Hispanic Community Partnership Program
- Hispanic Heritage Month at Adelphi University
- Mentoring Program
- Multicultural Student Life Programs
- Parent Resources
- Scholarship and Financial Resources
- Student Counseling
- Scholarship Opportunities for Hispanic Students
We welcome new members or inquiries. If you are interested in participating please contact: