Jaggar Community Fellows Program
Celebrating 10 years of giving students life-changing, paid summer internships at nonprofits.
During Summer 2020, the Center for Career and Professional Development joined forces with the Innovation Center to help shift the Jaggar Community Fellows Program to a virtual format. As a result 44 students were placed in 11 nonprofits for 10 week project team virtual internships.
The Jaggar Community Fellows Program is a competitive program for nongraduating students (first-year through graduate students). The program is open to all majors and provides students with an opportunity to gain valuable experience in the nonprofit sector. Approximately 63 undergraduate and 7 graduate students will be chosen from the applicant pool.
- For the pool of 63 undergraduates: Primary consideration will be given to students between sophomore and junior or junior and senior years.
- Minimum 3.0 GPA
- Have a record of volunteer/community service and/or previous internship activity
- Have the recommendation of at least one Adelphi University professor
- We encourage students to apply for the early deadline on December 1. We do still accept applications through March 1, however, they are based on the number of available placements.
- Agree to work at a selected nonprofit for 30 hours/week for 10 weeks, June through August
- Submit the application on Handshake (requires login) – Coming soon!
- Serve as a campus ambassador for the program when asked