External Resources on Finding Employment
It is extremely important to research a company before an interview. Most companies have their own websites, and employers expect a serious candidate to be prepared to discuss its contents at an interview. And don’t forget that they’ll probably research you—more and more employers use the Internet every day to screen candidates and preview résumés.
Match your interests or aptitudes to suitable occupations.
- Careerlink Inventory
Search careers that match your aptitudes and interests.
Access a free 15-question career assessment test.
- Psychometric Tests
Offers practice material for psychometric tests.
- Keirsey Temperament Sorter
Find out more about the most widely used personality instrument in the world.
Understanding Your Field
Research career trends and earnings, training and education required to succeed in a field. Understand job outlook, salary and benefit information, high-growth jobs, skills profiling and labor market information.
- The Occupational Outlook Handbook(U.S. Department of Labor)
Research any aspect of a career: conditions, earnings, training and education, or job outlook.
Sponsored by the U.S. Department of Labor, this site offers career resources and workforce information.
- The Occupational Information Network(O*NET Online)
This website provides the nation’s primary source of occupational information.
Discover salary information for hundreds of career fields.
- PayScale Salary Calculator
Access the world’s largest database of employee compensation profiles.
Networking and Job Search
Workplace and Advocacy
Resources for People with Disabilities
- National Business and Disability Council
Resource for people with disabilities to conduct a job search and post résumés.
- Equal Opportunity Publications
Its résumé database allows you to post your résumé to be accessed by participating Fortune 500 advertisers who are looking to hire.
- ABILITY Jobs and JobAccess
Resource for people with disabilities to conduct a job search and post a résumé; Information about the Americans with Disabilities Act.
- Americans with Disabilities Act
- Emerging Leaders
Summer intern and leadership development opportunities.
- Office of Disability Employment Policy
A recruitment and referral program that connects federal and private sector employers with postsecondary students with disabilities.
- Job Accommodation Network
Information about job accommodations, the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) and the employability of people with disabilities.
- Social Security Online: The Work Site
Social Security Administration’s website for people with disabilities who want to work.
Job training and placement, assessing your job readiness, fastest-growing occupations.
- Grads of Life
- Mobility International USA
International careers for people with disabilities.
- Workforce Recruitment Program
For students with disabilities.
- Careers & Degrees in Healthcare: A Guide for Students with Disabilities Learn about disability rights and disclosure, finding resources, and more.
- Resources and Support for College Students
For students with dyslexia, dysgraphia, or dyscalculia
- Scholarships & Resources for Students with Visual Disabilities Links to several scholarships for students with visual disabilities
- Resources for People with Disabilities
Employment With a Disability Resource Guide
Seek practical on-site experience in a career field of your interest.
- Grads of Life
Check out internship programs and job search tools.
A national database for internships, you can post your résumé.
Search for paid internships, summer jobs, or entry level jobs at thousands of companies.
- New York Job Source
Search internships in top companies, nonprofits.
Connect to professionals by joining one or more of these online communities. Give your career search the advantage of personal connections.
- Hub Pages
- Online Social Networking
Researching a Company or Institution
Research a company in order to gain perspective on how the outside world views a company vs. what’s on the company website. Gain valuable insights; view company ratings and quality ratings.
- Associated Press(AP)
The backbone of the world’s information system.
- Comprehensive insight and analysis about companies and industries.
Part of The Wall Street JournalDigital Network.
- Moody’s Investors Service
A respected source for credit ratings, research and risk analysis.
Provides data on more than 300,000 investment offerings worldwide.
- NYS Department of Education Report Cards
Research New York schools.
- Standard and Poor’s
A source of unbiased equity analysis and opinion on global stocks.
Search job postings and/or post your résumé and gain valuable advice.
Adelphi’s job listing site. Search jobs, post your résumé, or research a company.
A mobile marketplace for hourly jobs in a wide array of industries.
Research a company, search job postings, and post your résumé.
Free access to millions of employment opportunities from thousands of websites.
Find local jobs, salary comparisons, and employment trends.
Job search and post your résumé.
Post your résumé and apply for jobs in a single click.
- Job Finder Advisory
Expert career advice.
Entry-level jobs, internships, and post-graduate opportunities.
Research specifics industries by location, size, and revenue.
- Online Recruiters Directory
Nationwide recruiters’ directory: search by specialty, location.
Reviews, salaries and benefits from employees.
Explore all the current vacancies from all the top employers and the leading job boards in USA and abroad.
Region-Specific Job Search
- Suffolk Jobs
Career development, job searches, skills assessment, interest inventory, trends in employment.
- Putnam/Northern Westchester BOCES
Education positions in Putnam/Northern Westchester BOCES.
- Bureau of Labor Statistics
Federal employment opportunities sorted by geographic region and state.
- Nassau Jobs
Employment trends by industry, job searches, links to Nassau County occupational outlook information.
- New York State Education Department
K–12 Education jobs in New York State.
Industry-Specific Job Search
The Arts and Creative Media
- New York Foundation for the Arts
- Creative Hotlist
- The Creative Ham: New York City Ad Agencies
- Entertainment Careers
- Entertainer Worldwide Jobs
- Actors’ Equity
- Journalism Jobs
- The American Institute of Architects
- New York Coalition of Professional Women in the Arts and Media
- Careers in Business
- Sustainable Business
- Quint Careers
- CEO Express
- The Ladders
- Jobs in Logistics
- American Institute of CPAs
- Accountancy Age Jobs
- Tax Talent
- National Banking & Financial Services Network
Financial Services and Banking
- Bank Jobs
- Wall Street Jobs
- The New York Times: Jobs
Marketing, Market Research, PR and Advertising
- Market Research World
- American Marketing Association
- Quirk’s Marketing Research Review
- Marketing Hire
- American Association for Employment in Education
- Discover Early Childhood Education
- Become an Early Childhood Teacher in New York
- Online Application System for Educators(OLAS)
- TeachNYC(Department of Education)
- National Association of Independent Schools
- Nassau BOCES
- Teach for America
- Teacher Certification
- Top School Jobs
- Southern Teachers Agency
Government Agencies, Politics and Law
- Public Service Careers
- Law Jobs
- The American Political Science Association
- National Association of Schools of Public Affairs and Administration
Health Care and Nursing
- Access Nurses
- Nursing Jobs Help
- Public Health Online
- Top Medical Assistant Schools
- Chronicle of Higher Education
- National Association of Colleges and Employers(NACE)
- University Job Bank
- American College Personnel Association
- Academic360(Links to faculty, staff, administrative resources; not restricted to teaching positions)
- Student Affairs Jobs
- Top Higher Education Jobs
Humanities (Philosophy, Sociology, Language and Literature)
- H-Net Job Guide
- The American Sociological Association
- Academic Keys for the Humanities
- The Chronicle of Higher Education
- Association for Behavior Analysis International
- Social Psychology Network
- Encyclopedia of Psychology
- APA Online: What Do I Want to Become?
- APA Online: Careers in Psychology
- Psychology Jobs
Social Work and Social Services
Sports, Fitness and Athletics
- Snag a Job(hourly employment)
- Teens4Hire(ages 14-19 only)
- Summer Jobs
- Cool Works
- gov: Student and Recent Grads