Dear Adelphi Community,
We are excited to welcome you to the Spring 2021 semester.
Our community has shown that it can rise above the challenges of the pandemic to protect our health and well-being. With your continued vigilance and cooperation, we are optimistic that this semester will once again be safe and successful.
COVID-19 Safety This Spring
Our health and safety protocols remain in place. Daily health screening on the AU2GO app will continue to be required for students, faculty and staff who come to campus, and essential visitors must check in with the Department of Public Safety and Transportation.
The following measures will also continue for the Spring 2021 semester:
- Masks must be worn at all times.
- Maintain social distance.
- Practice good hand hygiene.
- Stay home if you are feeling unwell.
- Class capacities remain reduced per state guidance and are based on individual room capacities.
- Limit non-class group gatherings to no more than 10 individuals, per New York state mandates.
Even if you have been vaccinated, masks and social distancing are still required. Read our FAQs and the latest information about current New York state vaccine distribution plans.
COVID-19 Surveillance Testing
Adelphi University will continue to conduct randomized surveillance testing of our on-campus community to help contain the spread of the virus. All results, positive and negative, are factored into the calculation of our positivity rate, which is shared on our COVID-19 Dashboard.
Community members selected for testing will receive an email and/or AU2GO alert instructing them to complete a Vault Health surveillance test for COVID-19. Individuals must comply with the instructions provided or will otherwise not be permitted to access campus.
- Residential students on campus will continue to be tested every two weeks.
- Student-athletes will be tested in accordance with the testing guidelines in place at the time, as published by the National Collegiate Athletic Association (NCAA) and the New York State Department of Health.
- To get tested voluntarily, or to use a method other than the Vault Health home-based saliva test, please consult the New York State COVID-19 Testing website for information about nearby testing locations.
Should an individual test positive, our Health Services Center, in conjunction with the Nassau County Department of Health, will conduct contact tracing and advise of isolation and quarantine procedures accordingly.
If you have questions or concerns about the surveillance testing, please contact email@example.com. Thank you in advance for your compliance with Adelphi’s COVID-19 testing protocols, which will help to ensure that our community continues to be safe.
Dining on Campus
When looking for a meal on campus this semester, you have a variety of options, including our new UC Dining Hall. We have also launched a new Dining Mobile App to allow you to order meals in advance, making dining on campus more convenient.
Visit the Adelphi Dining page on our website to see menus and hours of operation for each of our dining locations.
Adelphi University’s academic calendar is available on our website and contains all the important dates and deadlines to keep in mind for the Spring 2021 semester. Our first day of classes is next week, Tuesday, January 26.
We wish you a productive semester ahead—and for those planning to be on the Garden City campus, be sure to take advantage of the many open study spaces we’ve identified.
Continue to protect each other and help our community thrive through this pandemic. Each of us, whether student, faculty or staff member, contributes to our success. As we embark on this semester, let’s keep up our good work.
Chief Administrative Officer and Associate Vice President
R. Sentwali Bakari, PhD
Vice President for Student Affairs and Dean of Students