Preventative Public Health Measures
The health, wellness, and safety of our students, faculty, and staff are our highest priority.
All students, faculty, staff and campus visitors at all Adelphi campus locations are required to follow the University’s health and safety protocols and policies on:
- Hygiene and handwashing
- Staying home when sick
- Respecting the health, wellbeing, and personal experiences of other community members
- All established vaccine protocols and requirements
Find answers to some of our community’s commonly asked questions.
Health Services at Adelphi
The Health Services Center is dedicated to serving your health needs on a daily basis while encouraging you to integrate a healthy lifestyle into your personal, academic and career goals.
Personal Safety Practices
Help to prevent yourself, your family, or others in the Adelphi Community from getting or spreading illness.
Quarantine and Isolation
Because COVID-19 is still a threat to public health, some individuals might need to abide by stated quarantine restrictions.
Adelphi Policies Related to Public Health
- Airborne Infectious Disease Exposure Prevention Plan – Adelphi complies with the New York Health and Essential Rights Act (HERO ACT) to ensure workplace safety in the event of airborne infectious disease
- COVID-19 Stay at Home Policy – to protect our community by requiring those who are sick or symptomatic to stay home
- COVID-19 Leave Policy – to ensure job security and paid time off for a specified period of time to care for yourself or a seriously ill family member
- COVID-19 Short-Term Disability Leave Policy – to guide those requiring an extended absence
- COVID-19 ADA Accommodation Policy – to provide reasonable accommodations for vulnerable populations
- COVID-19 and Equal Employment Opportunity Laws – to enforce workplace anti-discrimination laws