Personal Safety Practices
Because COVID-19 is still a threat to public health, some individuals might need to abide by stated quarantine restrictions.
Follow COVID-19 trends in any region using the CDC data tracker.
Prevent Getting Sick or Spreading Illness
- Wash your hands often with soap and water for at least 20 seconds, especially prior to eating. Hand sanitizer should be used if soap and water are not readily available
- Avoid touching your face with unwashed hands – including your eyes, nose, and mouth
- Avoid close contact with people and do not shake hands
- Cover all coughs and sneezes, preferably with a tissue that can be discarded in a closed container after use. In absence of a tissue, use your sleeve or elbow
- Clean frequently touched surfaces and objects including buttons, door handles, counters, workstations, keyboards, etc.
If You Are Sick
- Stay home
- If you test positive for COVID-19, suspect you may be ill, or have been exposed, call Adelphi Health Services at 516.877.6000 for advice about next steps
- Faculty and staff should refer to our Stay at Home policy and feel free to reach out to Human Resources at 516.877.3220 and Health Services at 516.877.6000
- Do your best to stay away from others who live with you and avoid sharing personal items
- Contact your medical care provider if you become very ill or are at high risk for severe illness
Wearing a Mask
Masks are not required at Adelphi, however, we strongly encourage you to continue wearing a mask when in crowded environments, especially indoors — whether you are on or off campus.
As they evolve, we will continue to follow the CDC recommendations for wearing masks.
Please continue carrying an acceptable face covering with you — in case you are asked to wear one. We appreciate your support of individual choice and comfort regarding the use of masks.