A passport is an essential document that you will need to maintain valid status and apply for certain international student benefits, in addition to being allowed to travel internationally.

If your passport is lost or stolen, you must take the following steps immediately:

  1. Report the loss to the local police and get a copy of the police report
  2. Contact your country’s consulate to inform them of the loss
  3. Apply for a replacement passport immediately

If you need assistance contacting the police to report your passport was lost or stolen, Adelphi Public Safety can help. Contact Public Safety and Transportation at 516.877.3500 or visit the office in Levermore Hall, Room 113.

Important Information Regarding Your Student Visa

If your passport is lost or stolen outside the U.S., you must apply for a new F-1 or J-1 visa at the nearest US consulate after obtaining your replacement passport. You will need your visa to re-enter the U.S.

If your passport is lost or stolen inside the U.S., you must obtain a new F-1 or J-1 visa the next time you travel internationally to return to the U.S. as a student. However, you can remain in the U.S. without an F-1 or J-1 visa as long as your passport, I-20 or DS-2019, and I-94 are valid.

Phone Number
More Info
Post Hall, 203
  • Regular Semester Hours Mon - Fri: 8:30 am–4:30 pm
Search Menu