All F-1 and J-1 international students and scholars who were present in the U.S. during any portion of the calendar year are required to file tax forms with the United States Internal Revenue Service for that year.

This is true whether or not the individual has worked in the U.S., gained income in the U.S., or received a scholarship during the past calendar year. All individuals in the United States who have income must file a U.S. tax return. Nonresidents for tax purposes must complete either Forms 1040NR-EZ or the longer 1040-NR.

International Services and Adelphi University is not able to provide any guidance or information on tax filing obligations or forms. If you have questions or need assistance with your tax filing obligations or forms, please contact the IRS directly.

Phone Number
More Info
Post Hall, 203
Search Menu