Current and Transfer Student Admission to the Honors College
We seek to cultivate joy and wonder in everyone who is part of the Honors community.
If you are a current undergraduate enrolled at Adelphi University, you may request consideration for admission to the Honors College. Please email your materials to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- You need to have completed at least 15 credits at Adelphi.
- You cannot apply if you have more than 45 college credits completed the semester you would enter the Honors College.
- Submit your transcript (an unofficial copy is fine) and you must have an Adelphi cumulative GPA of at least 3.5.
- Request a letter of recommendation from a faculty member to support your application.
- Write a one-page essay explaining why you want to join the Honors College, what you hope to get out of the experience, and what you will bring to the honors community.
- All application materials must be received by the Honors College by 1 January for spring semester applicants and 1 June for fall semester applicants.
- Please note that current Adelphi University students who become part of the Honors College are not eligible for the Honors College scholarship.
Transfer students with no more than 45 completed college credits and with a GPA of 3.5 or better may also request consideration for admission by contacting the Honors College at email@example.com.
Please be prepared to provide letters of recommendation from college professors, examples of recent academic work, and course syllabi upon request.