Adelphi is adding the COVID-19 vaccination to the list of required vaccinations to attend in-person classes or participate in on-ground activities in the Fall 2021 semester. This decision is based upon the scientific evidence that supports the effectiveness of COVID-19 vaccines to protect those who are vaccinated, and to help prevent further spread of the virus.
We understand some students cannot be vaccinated against COVID-19 for medical or religious reasons. We will consider requests for exemption on a case-by-case basis and you will be informed whether your request is granted.
Process for requesting an exemption
All exemption requests are due by August 1st:
- Complete the Medical Exemption Form or Religious Exemption Form.
- Complete the Acknowledgement and Agreement Form.
- Upload both your completed exemption form and your waiver and agreement form to the Student Health Services patient portal.
Important notices for students receiving an exemption
If you are approved for an exemption from being vaccinated against COVID-19:
- You agree to engage in reasonable risk mitigation practices as required by the university, such as the use of PPE, mask wearing and physical distancing.
- You agree to provide results of a COVID-19 test prior to moving back to campus and to participate in regular COVID-19 screening if required by the university.
- You agree to immediately notify Student Health Services if you test positive for COVID-19 or have a known or suspected exposure to someone with COVID-19.
- You agree to quarantine off campus at your own expense if required by the university.
Deadlines to remember
- August 1 – Deadline to upload the exemption form and the waiver and agreement form.
- First day of classes– Deadline for students to upload their vaccination records confirming they are fully vaccinated.
If a student has not uploaded a vaccination record and has not received an approved exemption or approved grace period to complete their vaccination, their access to Adelphi University campuses and university facilities will be restricted and resident students will not be allowed to move into residence halls.
Please review our frequently asked questions if you have additional questions about Adelphi’s vaccination requirement. Thank you for doing your part to keep yourself, our university community and our neighbors safe and healthy.