Recent Actions Taken in Diversity, Equity and Inclusion
On this page, we’ve pulled together our progress in one spot so that our community members can track our progress — especially our most recent actions.
Check back often. Tell us about your concerns. Bring suggestions on what we can do better. We invite you to join us on this mission, and we are committed to being transparent with our efforts to create change.
Other Actions Taken
- The Office of Diversity, Equity and Inclusion launched its inaugural “First Fridays” this Fall — an open and responsive space for students to have meaningful conversations around topics that are relevant to their college experience.
- Peer Assistant Leaders (PALs) have provided 51 student life presentations to First-Year Seminar courses since the beginning of the semester, including 8 on diversity, equity, and inclusion programming, initiatives, and organizations.
- Launched the search for a Chief Financial Officer through the National Black MBA Association and Accounting and Financial Women’s Alliance websites
- Peer Assistant Leaders provided 8 presentations on diversity, equity, inclusion to First-Year Seminar courses.
- Look Different: Program titled Take action to stop discrimination and bias added to MyAULife. Students have access to real stories, and can test themselves on their implicit bias and other resources.
- Residence Life is conducting an audit of any bias-related incidents in residence halls during the 2019-2020 academic year, in collaboration with the Student Conduct Office.
- Residence Assistant development is being re-evaluated in collaboration with Diversity Equity and Inclusion to strengthen inclusive excellence.
- All Student Access Office staff participated in Linked-In Learning: Diversity, Inclusion, and Belonging for All.
- Diversity Council strategic plans received and forwarded to Marsha Darling for the Academic Diversity Implementation Task force.
- Library Resources for Diversity, Equity and Inclusion have been made more accessible