Aid and Support
Students will receive full tuition for the 13-month graduate program.
Paid Summer Internship
The Noyce STEAM Pipeline program supports scholars in a two-week paid summer internship experience ($20/hr) with a community-based organization to work closely with staff in preparing and implementing STEAM-focused field experiences for students in grades K-12.
New York Noyce STEAM Pipeline Program at Adelphi/NSF Robert Noyce Program was developed to prepare reflective practitioners to create and implement an engaging, inquiry-oriented and evidence-based STEAM curriculum. To be successful in reaching the program goals, professional support is provided to the scholar at many different levels including:
- Spending 100 hours prior to student teaching at our partner school site—the Mineola School District—to gain initial experience and exposure to teaching in a STEAM environment. Both University- and school-based faculty will support scholars in this clinical experience.
- Each scholar will be mentored by two teachers working in one of the partner schools where they will learn how to plan, implement and assess instruction for student learning and growth within the science and math discipline, during the student teaching semester.
After graduation, scholars will return to the Adelphi STEAMlab to engage in our Scholar Learning Communities aimed to support the continued professional development during scholar’s first two years of teaching. Scholars will engage in discussion of evidence-based instructional practices, develop new ideas for their own classrooms, and practice implementation of these ideas with peer feedback.
For each year of scholarship received, STEAM scholars are obligated to teach for two years, seeking employment in a high-needs school district anywhere in the United States.
Ready to Take the Next Step?
- Semester Hours Mon, Tues, Thu, Fri: 9:00 am - 4:00 pm Wed: 9:00 am - 6:00 pm
- Extended Hours April 29-30: 9:00 am- 6:00 pm
- Holiday Observances May 27: Closed June 19: Closed July 4-7: Closed
- In-Person Payments Mon - Fri: 9:00 am - 4:00 pm