Steps to Become a CASAC
How to Become a CASAC-T
Step 1: Complete 350 clock hours of training:
For former Adelphi School of Social Work Graduates, Adelphi provides a certificate for 350 clock hours of training upon completing our Post Graduate Addictions Certificate Program. For graduates of other graduate programs, we will provide a certificate for either 45 or 85 clock hours (section 1) that you will need to submit along with your transcript from your graduate school.
Step 2: Submit an application to OASAS (Part A only)
- Adelphi Certificate of Training
- 100.00 application processing fee
- Copy of highest education completed (diploma or transcript)
How to Become a Full CASAC
Step 3: Take Exam
Step 4: Work Experience
- For all Master’s level professionals you will need to complete 2000 hours (of the 6000) of work experience in a qualified substance use setting.
- Each field work experience in a substance use agency qualifies for an additional 600 hours of training to be added to the 2000 hours.
Step 5: Submit Part B and C of the application documenting the following:
- Passing exam
- Completed work experience
The Adelphi University School of Social Work is recognized by the New York State Education Department’s State Board as an approved provider of continuing education for social workers, mental health counselors, marriage and family therapists, psychologists, CASAC, and creative arts therapists.