Steps to Become a CASAC
How to Become a CASAC-T
Step 1: Complete 350 clock hours of training:
For former Adelphi School of Social Work Graduates, Adelphi provides a certificate for 350 clock hours of training upon completing our Post Graduate Addictions Certificate Program. For graduates of other graduate programs, we will provide a certificate for either 45 or 85 clock hours (section 1) that you will need to submit along with your transcript from your graduate school.
Step 2: Submit an application to OASAS (Part A only)
- Adelphi Certificate of Training
- 100.00 application processing fee
- Copy of highest education completed (diploma or transcript)
How to Become a Full CASAC
Step 3: Take Exam
Step 4: Work Experience
- For all Master’s level professionals you will need to complete 2000 hours (of the 6000) of work experience in a qualified substance use setting.
- Each field work experience in a substance use agency qualifies for an additional 600 hours of training to be added to the 2000 hours.
Step 5: Submit Part B and C of the application documenting the following:
- Passing exam
- Completed work experience