Adelphi University ID Cards
University identification cards (ID cards) are required and are issued to all faculty, staff, and students.
|Date||Pick Up Location||Time|
|August 29, 2022||Public Safety Office – Levermore Hall 1st Floor||8:30am-4:30pm|
|August 30, 2022||Levermore Hall Booth, Outside Levermore Hall||10:00am-6:00pm|
|August 31, 2022||Public Safety Office – Levermore Hall 1st Floor||8:30am-6:00pm|
|September 1, 2022||Public Safety Office – Levermore Hall 1st Floor||8:30am-6:00pm|
|September, 2022||Public Safety Office – Levermore Hall 1st Floor||8:30am-4:30pm|
After that, feel free to stop by the public safety office during open office hours.
ID cards are necessary to access all residence halls or academic and administrative buildings, use of the library, entry to sports events, and all University facilities. ID cards expire upon leaving the employment of the University or upon a student’s graduation or leaving the University. Alumni ID cards are issued upon request after confirmation of alumni status.
For your convenience, you are able to use a digital ID on your smartphone using the Adelphi University mobile app. However, the physical ID card distributed by Public Safety remains the only official identification for access control to buildings, parking facilities, and venues, and when requested by a University official.
How to Get a Physical ID Card
- Go to the Office of Public Safety and Transportation.
- Current students should bring a form of identification (i.e. License, Passport), in addition to, proof of payment, confirmation of classes, and/or other evidence that you are currently registered at the University.
- Alumni should provide a photo ID and student number (if known) for status confirmation.
Online Photo ID Card Request
Email the below information to firstname.lastname@example.org along with:
- Adelphi ID Number
- Last Name, First Name, Gender
- Date of Birth
- Commuter or Resident
- Mobile Phone Number
- Emergency Contact; Name, Relationship, Mobile Phone Number
- Attach a form of identification such as a driver’s license, passport or school ID
- Attach your photo. The image must be in JPEG file format as follows: Digital Image/Passport Photo
Your photo or digital image (which will be used on your ID card) must be:
- In color
- Sized such that the head is between 1 inch and 1 3/8 inches (22 mm and 35 mm) or 50% and 69% of the image’s total height from the bottom of the chin to the top of the head.
- Taken within the last 6 months to reflect your current appearance
- Taken in front of a plain white or off-white background
- Taken in full-face view directly facing the camera
- With a neutral facial expression and both eyes open
- Taken in clothing that you normally wear on a daily basis
- Do not wear a hat or head covering that obscures the hair or hairline, unless worn daily for a religious purpose. Your full face must be visible, and the head covering must not cast any shadows on your face.
- Headphones, wireless hands-free devices, or similar items are not acceptable in your photo
Garden City Students
Commuters: Your ID card will be available for pick up from the Public Safety Office located in Levermore Hall Suite 113. Until then you can utilize your digital ID on the mobile app.
Residents: Your ID card will be available for pick up at your residence hall upon your scheduled move-in. You will need a physical ID card to access your Residence Hall.
Manhattan Center, Hauppauge and Hudson Valley Students
Your ID card will be mailed to the home address on file with the university. Until you receive it, you can utilize your digital ID on the mobile app.
Lost or Damaged ID Cards
There is a $15 replacement fee for lost or damaged ID cards.