This policy sets the policy regarding University ID Cards at Adelphi University.
Adelphi University will issue Photo Identification Cards to employees, students, and others associated with the University to verify their identity and manage their access to University services and facilities.
Reason for Policy
To affirm the Official University Identification Card as the official identification for employees, students, and others associated with Adelphi University, as well as to provide clarity on how the Official University Identification Card is issued, replaced, used, and managed.
Who Is Governed by this Policy
Faculty, Staff, Alumni and Students
How to Obtain a Physical ID Card
You can go to the Office of Public Safety and Transportation or call us to receive your Physical ID Card. All individuals MUST bring a form of Identification (i.e. License, Passport, etc.) as proof of who they are.
Current students should bring a form of identification (i.e. License, Passport), in addition to, proof of payment, confirmation of classes, and/or other evidence that you are currently registered at the University. Alumni should provide a photo I.D. and student number (if known) for status confirmation.
A new employee must go to the Department of Public Safety and Transportation within one week of the date of hire and apply for an identification card after filling out the appropriate paperwork in the Office of Human Resources.The Adelphi University identification card is used for security and safety matters, admission to various University facilities and events, access to residence halls, access to certain buildings and rooms, receiving a discount on purchases in the bookstore, and to utilize library services and public computers.
Identification cards expire upon leaving the university or upon a student’s graduation.
For your convenience, employees and students are able to obtain an electronic version of the Adelphi identification card on one’s smartphone using the AU2Go mobile app. However, the physical I.D. card distributed by Public Safety remains the only official identification for access control to buildings, parking facilities, venues and when requested by a University official.
The identification card must be shown to any University official upon request.
This policy does not have definitions associated with it at this time. Upon periodic policy review this area will be evaluated to determine if additional information is needed to supplement the policy.
- If an identification card is lost, stolen, or destroyed, students and employees may obtain a replacement card by going to the Department of Public Safety and Transportation. There is a $15.00 replacement fee. The fee is waived when damaged identification cards are intact and not working or if all pieces of the broken card are in possession of the card holder.
- Upon termination of employment, employees must hand in their identification card to the Office of Human Resources, where it will be forwarded to the Department of Public Safety and Transportation. If the employee is continuing as a student, the individual may obtain a student Identification card at the Department of Public Safety and Transportation.
Adelphi University Photo I.D. Card Form (completed in Public Safety Office)
- Last Reviewed Date: July 10, 2019
- Last Revised Date: July 10, 2019
- Policy Origination Date: Not known
Who Approved This Policy
Gene Palma, Chief Administrative Officer and Associate Vice President