Become a leader, advocate and influencer for public health and wellness with a degree from our top-ranked nursing school.
Why Earn a Master of Public Health?
With a Master of Public Health, you will assume a leadership role in creating and overseeing programs and policies that promote the ideals of public health. This timely degree will prepare you to take on key roles in public health organizations as an epidemiologist, manager, researcher, educator, advocate or director.
Why Earn Your Master of Public Health at Adelphi?
- Receive personalized mentorship in our small classroom settings, with many opportunities to participate in research, conferences and community activities.
- Benefit from flexible full- and part-time program options, with a variety of exciting elective choices in community health, epidemiology, emergency management and global health.
- Graduate with a clear and focused path to your future, with support from your assigned advisor—someone who will be there to guide you from your first day to graduation.
The Master in Public Health is an applicant for accreditation by the Council on Education for Public Health.
CEPH is an independent agency recognized by the U.S. Department of Education to accredit schools of public health and public health programs offered in settings other than schools of public health. CEPH accreditation ensures quality and state-of-the art education. By attending an accredited school or program of public health, students benefit from the broad range of educational and experiential opportunities.
Adelphi’s College of Nursing and Public Health will undergo a site visit by CEPH for initial accreditation on November 8–9, 2021. CEPH is accepting written comments until October 8, 2021.
Comments should be submitted directly to CEPH by mail or email at email@example.com:
Council on Education for Public Health
1010 Wayne Avenue, Suite 220
Silver Spring, MD 20910
A copy of the CEPH self-study and report can be obtained by contacting Caitlin McElroy at firstname.lastname@example.org or 516.237.8668.
Adelphi University’s Master of Public Health program’s vision is to promote health equity especially among vulnerable and underserved populations on both a local and global scale.
The mission of Adelphi University’s Master of Public Health Program is to provide an exceptional learning environment offering student-centered education, research, and service. We are committed to preparing students to become highly qualified practitioners and research scientists dedicated to improving public health within local communities, regionally and globally.
Our students can combine the MPH with a certificate in emergency management, or advanced certificate in health promotion.
Emergency Management Graduate Certificate
Apply the principles of emergency management in a public health setting.
Advanced Certificate in Community Health Promotion
Designed to give students who have already attained a master’s degree in health studies or related fields the opportunity to specialize in community health promotion.
Exceptional Hands-On Learning
At Adelphi, we believe hands-on experience is key to setting our students up for future career success. This is why we ensure our public health students have firsthand public health experience through internships and out-of-the-classroom opportunities. Our students have had the opportunity to enhance their educational experience through internships at:
Applicants must have a minimum 2.85 cumulative GPA on official transcripts and should submit the following:
- Online Application Form and $50 fee
- Two letters of recommendation (academic or professional)
- Personal essay
- Official transcripts from all prior institutions and proof of bachelor’s degree from an accredited four-year institution
- Completion of undergraduate statistics course
- TOEFL or IELTS required for international candidates if in the United States for less than three years