CPCS Diversity Council
Our mission is to ensure that the adult learners served by CPCS receive a high quality education by fostering an environment in which there is a rich, free-flowing exchange of ideas and perspectives among diverse students, faculty and staff.
We will vigorously and continuously work towards creating an environment at CPCS in which everyone—students, faculty and staff—feels a sense of belonging and has equal opportunity to contribute and to develop their potential.
- Finalize CPCS-specific questions for climate survey.
- Recommendations to the Dean on processes and procedures for recruiting a more diverse cadre of adjunct faculty (incorporating data from climate survey)
- Recommendations for curricular reforms to the Dean and Academic Affairs Committee (incorporating data from climate survey)
- Case statement document ready to support fundraising effort for building endowed scholarship fund. Council will have input to ensure relevance to diverse audiences.
- Recommendations to the Dean for an upgraded bundle of services and financial aid to support the recruiting and retention of a diverse student body.
- Offer two training workshops to faculty that will better enable them to address issues of diversity, equity and inclusion in the classroom.
- All staff will have taken least two workshops in Adelphi’s Diversity Certificate Program
The Council convenes weekly on Thursdays, 3:00-3:30 p.m.