The Office of Finance at Adelphi University provides expert financial leadership and guidance to support the University’s mission to provide an exemplary environment for learning, teaching and working.
The office utilizes highly effective and quantifiably efficient financial management and accounting systems to conduct the business functions of the University in a manner that supports its educational, research and public service missions. The units seek to maximize the quality of the student, faculty and staff experience while maintaining appropriate cost effectiveness. Included in the finance operations are:
- Maintaining a robust general accounting system along with the policies and procedures needed to support the integrity of operations and reporting
- Creating and maintaining systems that facilitate an orderly flow of well-documented transactions into the University accounting systems
- Enacting a system of internal controls that protect University assets
- Providing a system of central procurement and travel management to ensure that resources are deployed in a cost-effective manner
- Maintaining a student accounts system with the corollary functions of billing and collecting on student accounts
- Integrating the systems of the University Registrar, Bursar, Student Financial Services and Financial Aid to create an online one-stop shop where students can manage all of their enrollment and financial activities through a single portal.
- Supporting the University’s research mission through project/award accounting, expense and reimbursement processing, and regulatory compliance activities
- The timely completion of high-quality financial, regulatory, tax and other reporting requirements
Chief Financial Officer
Lisa Fleming, chartered financial analyst (CFA), joined Adelphi as chief financial officer (CFO) in December 2020. Lisa has extensive experience working with large firms such as Arthur Andersen Business Consulting and Morgan Stanley and, most recently, Known Global LLC, a global marketing company that counts Google, Amazon, TikTok and the Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation among its clients. From 2007 to 2015, she served as managing director and business unit CFO for the analytics division, then managing director and global head of financial planning and analysis, for MSCI Inc. in New York City. In this capacity, Fleming directed financial planning processes and analysis that facilitated operational decisions of executive management and the board of directors for business with $1 billion in revenues and 3,200 employees. She also managed mergers and acquisitions analysis and integration and investor relations.