Vision, Mission, Core Values for the College of Nursing and Public Health
To develop leaders in healthcare who will advance humanistic health outcomes and improve quality of life for individuals and communities
At the Adelphi University College of Nursing and Public Health, we educate the next generation of healthcare professionals to be committed to excellence as leaders in their disciplines. Our innovative evidence-based teaching and learning environments, combined with our collaborative healthcare and community partnerships, prepare students at all levels. Students will attain the necessary knowledge and interdisciplinary skills to excel as caring practitioners, health informaticists, scientists and scholars.
The faculty, staff and students of the Adelphi University College of Nursing and Public Health embrace the following core values as essential aspects of the academic environment and our professional work:
To maintain the highest moral and professional standards in all areas, characterized by:
- Trustworthiness and honesty
- Moral and ethical decision-making
- Responsible action and accountability
- Caring science
To promote and maintain a commitment to the highest standards in:
- Academic endeavors
- Educational innovation
- Clinical practice
- Lifelong learning
- Serving and engaging with communities
Diversity and Respect
To embrace the diversity of our society and develop a global perspective:
- Embrace and respect individual differences.
- Actively seek to understand perspectives different from our own.
- Create an environment of inclusion and innovation.
- Recognize the unique contributions of all persons.