Digital Media Production: Filmmaking and TV
Shoot and edit your own short film, and develop skills in video editing and visual storytelling.
This credit-bearing program is scheduled to take place from July 7-July 27, 2024 on Adelphi’s Garden City Campus.
Dive into the world of Digital Media Production, exploring the intricacies of filmmaking, TV, original series, and documentaries. This course offers a blend of technical skills and aesthetic understanding essential for creating compelling moving images. By the end of this course, students will be skilled in overseeing and executing basic video productions, have a solid grasp on operating video equipment, and skillfully combine various video elements like images, sound, interviews, and music to narrate a story or convey a message effectively.
- learn the basics of producing videos and operating filming equipment
- conceptualize, film, and edit your own mini documentary
- gain skills in video editing and visual storytelling via Adobe Creative Suite and Premier Pro software
- Visit the Museum of the Moving Image in New York City
- explore how a degree in communications can lead to careers in production, public relations, journalism, and social/new media.