Introductory Personal Training Program
A collaboration between Campus Recreation and Exercise Science.
In this introductory personal training program, you receive a personalized exercise training program and work with a trainer 2 times/week for up to 4 weeks. This will help you get started with a fitness program that is safe and customized for your fitness level.
- This program will be open to Adelphi students, faculty and staff only.
- This program is FREE! There is no fee to participate in it at this time.
How to Register?
Participants/clients register on an online form for the next training period.
Introductory Personal Training Program FAQs
- A Fitness evaluation that includes:
- Body Composition analysis
- Aerobic Capacity analysis
- Musculoskeletal analysis
- Individual Exercise Prescription
- Supervised exercise training* in the fitness center 2 x’s a week for up to 4 weeks (*Individual or small groups up to 3ppl/group)
- Follow-up assessment/evaluation
- Trainers for this program are 3rd and 4th-year Exercise Science Practicum Students
- Trainers will consult with and are critiqued by Exercise Science Faculty throughout
Once you register to participate in the Adelphi Introductory Personal Training Program, there is the expectation of a commitment on your part to attend the fitness evaluation as well as have consistent attendance at the training sessions for the entire four weeks.
All participants will be asked to:
- Be on time
- Communicate clearly with your trainer
- Attend all scheduled sessions
If a client misses the evaluation (or two sessions), they will be removed from the program and replaced by someone on the waiting list.
- Clients are assigned to a trainer on a first come/first serve basis.
- Each personal trainer will be assigned up to three (3) clients.
- Sign up for day/time in the schedule that you will be available for 4-6 weeks. You will be asked to choose your first, second and third choice of training day/times based on the trainer schedule list provided on the registration form.
- You will be contacted (via Adelphi email) by the trainer assigned to you within 1-2 business days regarding:
- Your assigned day/time
- Information about your first session (which will be your fitness evaluation)
All current trainers will have their pictures and bios posted on the Recreational Fitness Center bulletin board.
Following your Introductory Personal Training Program (up to four weeks of training), you will receive a follow-up assessment regarding your progress.
Feedback on this program is welcomed and encouraged!