We want to answer all of your questions about Bridges to Adelphi. If you can’t find the answers you need below, please contact us.

The Bridges to Adelphi Program offers individual and group academic, social and vocational support services to Adelphi University students with neuro-social and other non-verbal disorders, including Autism Spectrum Disorder.

We are called the Bridges program because we help “bridge the gap” between high school and college and then college into the “real world”.

In order to be part of the Bridges to Adelphi Program, the student must first be accepted to Adelphi University. After acceptance, the student must inform the Admissions Office of his/her interest in enrolling in the Bridges Program, or they may contact the Bridges to Adelphi Program directly at bridges@adelphi.edu.

The Bridges to Adelphi Program is a fee for service program, the cost of which is in addition to the costs of tuition, room, board and books, as well as other university fees.

Students who enroll in the Bridges to Adelphi Program do not need to provide any diagnostic documentation.

The Bridges to Adelphi Program does not provide accessibility accommodations. In order for any Adelphi student to receive accommodations, the student must provide documentation of disabilities to the Student Access Office.

The Bridges to Adelphi Program does not provide mental health counseling. If needed, Bridges students will be referred to the Student Counseling Center.

Bridges students may choose to live on campus, or commute. Contact the Office of Residential Life and Housing for additional information.

With student’s request and written consent, the Bridges to Adelphi Program will contact faculty members for specific issues or problems, as well as request monthly reports on student academic performance.

Bridges students must meet the same academic standards and criteria as all other Adelphi students.

With student’s written consent, parents can contact the Director of the Bridges to Adelphi Program.

The Bridges program requests that students give us consent to speak to SAO in the case of a problem accessing their accommodations.

The Bridges’ program staff members train the Resident Assistants and Residence Hall Directors in ways to support our students. Bridges students are not paired to live in a residence hall together, however can choose to become roommates.

The Bridges program requests that students give us written consent to speak with the Student Counseling Center to coordinate services and in case the student is having an emergency. We also have a designated counselor in the Student Counseling Center.

Phone Number
Earle Hall B, LL
Connect With Us

Search Menu