College of Arts and Sciences Facilities
State-of-the-art facilities support the learning experience.
As a student in the College of Arts and Sciences, you have access to many resources, including contemporary facilities to help you achieve success.
Those facilities include the:
- Art studios and exhibition spaces, such as the Adele and Herbert J. Klapper Center for Fine Arts containing ceramics, painting and sculpture studios for you to channel your creativity
- Performing arts rehearsal and performance spaces in the Adelphi University Performing Arts Center (AUPAC): five venues, including our theatres and Concert Hall, as well as rehearsal and recording facilities, to help hone your skills
- Physics labs: state-of-the-art labs with extensive equipment, including holography, quantum and nonlinear optics labs; energy and IAFS labs; and an observatory that features a Meade 14-inch Schmidt-Cassegrain telescope with a GPS alignment
- Biology labs: modern equipment for the study of molecular biology, cell and tissue culture and scanning and transmission electron microscopy
- Chemistry labs: a newly acquired nuclear magnetic resonance (NMR) spectrometer that allows you to analyze the structure, interaction and underlying forces of molecules
- Communications lab equipped with powerful computers and Adobe Premiere editing software for video post-production
- Physical and forensic anthropology labs