Veteran Support Services
Adelphi supports the academic and personal needs of all our military servicemembers.
Division of Student Affairs
The Division of Student Affairs recognizes the sacrifice our soldiers make and strives to raise awareness around the needs of servicemen, servicewomen and their families. Several departments within the Division of Student Affairs provide services, programs and support for all veteran students in order to enrich and complement your academic experience.
- The Center for Student and Community Engagement is a resource for more than 80 student organizations, including academic, social, community, multicultural, social justice and religious groups. The center also develops procedures for planning events on campus.
- Commuter Student Services provides extensive services for students who live off campus and need assistance with nonacademic matters relating to university and campus life.
- The Health Services Center promotes wellness and provides access to quality healthcare to Adelphi’s diverse student population.
- The Interfaith Center is where you can worship and seek spiritual guidance. Services are conducted by Catholic, Jewish, Protestant and Muslim chaplains. The Interfaith Center sponsors events and programs jointly from these offices, emphasizing its interfaith focus and purpose.
- The Student Access Office offers cost-free assistance and services tailored to the needs of individuals based on their specific, appropriately documented disabilities.
- The Office of Residential Life and Housing adds another dimension to the college experience. Adelphi offers student housing in seven residence halls on the Garden City campus.
- The Student Counseling Center provides free, private and confidential services to any student enrolled at Adelphi. The center is staffed by a psychiatrist, licensed clinical psychologists, social workers, graduate-level social work interns and doctoral-level clinical psychology interns. It keeps information and literature on hand and offers individual and group counseling, crisis intervention, outreach and consultation, drug and alcohol education and counseling, workshops and referrals to both on- and off-campus resources for veteran students.
Academic Services Support Our Veterans
Our services are available to all students who need additional academic assistance as they complete their degree programs.
- New Student Orientations are held several times throughout the year to help students prepare for academic life, become familiar with the campus and meet fellow new students.
- The Learning and Writing Center assists students at no charge with peer tutoring, graduate exam preparation and study-skills development.
Career Development for Veteran Students
The Center for Career and Professional Development sponsors job fairs, assists with résumé writing and interview skills, and can help you plan for a career after college. These free services are available to all current students at Adelphi and alumni.