We are committed to providing our student veterans with emotional support.
The transition from active duty back to civilian life can be a daunting prospect for many returning veterans. You may feel forever changed by your experiences and have difficulty relating to your family members, friends, coworkers and classmates. It is not uncommon for veterans to encounter some unique challenges upon returning to an academic setting. At the Adelphi Student Counseling Center, we are committed to providing our student veterans with emotional support through one-on-one and group counseling along with practical advice and referrals to available campus and community resources. Please visit or call us today for more information or to set up an appointment.
On-Campus Resources for Veterans
- Veteran Resource Center at Adelphi University
p – 516.877.3400
Local Resources for Veterans
- Veterans Health Alliance of Long Island Resource Guide
A comprehensive listing of resources available to veterans on Long Island.
- Long Island Cares Veteran Services
Resources and services directory for veterans on Long Island.
- 9-1-1 Veterans
Emergency financial assistance for veterans.
New York City
- NYC Department of Veterans Services
- Robin Hood Veteran Resource Page
A comprehensive listing of resources available to veterans in NYC.
- NYC Veterans Alliance
Local-level advocacy and empowerment initiatives for NYC veterans.
- Yoga for Vets
Free yoga classes for veterans and family members.
National Resources for Veterans
- US Department of Veteran Affairs
General information on national resources for veterans.
- New York State Division for Veterans’ Affairs
Benefit and entitlement information for veterans and their families.
- NYS Department of Labor Veterans’ services
Employment assistance for veterans.
- Volunteers of America Veterans’ services
- Wounded Warrior Track Program
Assistance for disabled war veterans.