Psychology International Honor Society
Psi Chi offers an unparalleled commitment to excellence.
Sponsored by the American Psychological Association (APA), Psi Chi is the international honor society for undergraduate and graduate students in psychology. Membership in this prestigious society is highly coveted, and only students at the top of their class are invited to join. The privileges of membership include professional growth, meeting and interacting with leaders in the field and opportunities to present research at various APA meetings.
Application Process for Psi Chi
Find out how to apply for membership in Psi Chi. Please read the Psi Chi requirements and procedures before filling out the application. Submission deadline is 5:00pm on Wednesday, February 15, 2023.
You must be, at minimum, a second-semester sophomore in the top 35% of your class to be eligible for membership. The overall GPA cut-offs for application in Spring 2023 are as follows:
- Sophomores: 3.654 GPA
- Juniors: 3.773 GPA
- Seniors: 3.834 GPA
Please refrain from applying if you do not meet these standards.
- The requirements for graduate students vary by program and are as follows:
- School Psychology:
- 12-credit minimum
- 3.8 GPA
- Mental Health Counseling or General Psychology:
- 12-credit minimum
- 3.8 GPA
- Doctoral Program or PsyD in School Psychology Program:
- 4.0 GPA
How to Apply
- STEP 1: Submit an ONLINE application via the International Psi Chi Website by going to the following link and clicking on apply now.
- STEP 2: Complete the paper Psi Chi Application.
- STEP 3: Download an unofficial transcript from the degree audit found within eCampus.
- STEP 4: Submit your paper application (upload a scanned document or a picture of your filled-in application) from step 2 and your unofficial transcript from step 3 through the following Google Form.
All steps must be completed by 5:00 pm on Wednesday, February 15, 2023 to be considered for membership.
If you are unable to upload scanned documents/pictures, please contact Dr. Marini (email@example.com) to make alternative arrangements.
What Happens After You Apply
If you meet the qualifications, your application will be approved by the faculty advisor, Dr. Christina Marini. You will receive a link directly from Psi Chi to pay for your lifetime membership and to order an honors cord (to be worn at the induction ceremony and graduation). These materials will be shipped to you directly from Psi Chi.
New inductees will be recognized at an induction ceremony to take place on campus the evening of Wednesday, April 5th, 2023. Additional details will be communicated to new inductees in March, 2023.
Elections take place at the end of each spring semester. If you are a Psi Chi member and are interested in applying for an officer position, please email Christina Marini, PhD indicating your interest.
Psi Chi – Derner School of Psychology
Blodgett Hall, Room 212
1 South Avenue
P.O. Box 701
Garden City, NY 11530
Charter Number: 83
Date Chartered: November 17, 1950
Chapter Phone: 516.877.4809
- Christina Korotki – President
- Jessica Wang – Vice President
- Aarsha Raghavan – Treasurer
- Mylo Fisherman – Secretary/Social Media Chair