Get a high-impact, hands-on education that puts you at the cutting edge of this rapidly growing health field.
Why Earn Your BS in Exercise Science?
This degree opens the door to a variety of health- and fitness-related careers, including as a physical therapist, physician’s assistant, nurse, personal trainer, strength and conditioning coach, chiropractor, occupational therapist, medical doctor or researcher.
Why Major in Exercise Science at Adelphi University in New York?
- Benefit from personal attention in small classes as well as ongoing individualized academic and professional advising.
- Gain practical experience in state-of-the-art facilities under the supervision of distinguished faculty.
- Gain access to renowned top-level internships.
- Graduate with the tools to launch a successful career in strength and conditioning, exercise leadership, personal training or pre-physical therapy.
What Can You Do with a Degree in Exercise Science?
This degree opens the door to a variety of health- and fitness-related careers, including physical therapist, physician’s assistant, nurse, personal trainer, strength and conditioning coach, chiropractor, occupational therapist, medical doctor or researcher.
Exercise Science Tracks and Joint Degree Options
Exercise Science 4+1
Earn two valuable degrees in just five years with the BS/MS in Exercise Science track. Adelphi’s 4+1 pathway provides a fast and affordable road to professional success, whether you’re interested in obtaining a doctorate or launching a career in education or healthcare.
Exercise science majors at Adelphi have the opportunity to accelerate their path to a rewarding professional career by completing a joint degree in physical therapy.
Exceptional Hands-On Learning
Apply your classroom knowledge in professional settings. Recent internship opportunities in the New York area have included:
- Adelphi University Adult Fitness Program
- Hospital for Special Surgery
- NYIT’s Adele Smithers Parkinson’s Disease Treatment Center
- NYU-Winthrop Hospital Cardiac Rehabilitation Center
- South Nassau Communities Hospital Cardiac Rehabilitation Program
Our Research Labs
Engage with the latest technology for exercise testing in Adelphi’s Human Performance Laboratory. Develop exercise training initiatives and work with clients in our on-site adult fitness center, gaining invaluable experience in testing, programming and interpersonal skill-building.
To apply for this program, submit the appropriate application requirements:
Transformative Educational Opportunities
All undergraduate students have the opportunity to apply for the following programs to expand their educational landscape: