Make your MFA in Creative Writing more affordable with a full-tuition fellowship.
The MFA program offers several full-tuition creative writing fellowships annually, including the Scott James and Jerry Cain Creative Writing and Social Media Fellowship (includes a $10,000 stipend). Fellowships may include teaching or other assignments.
- Fellows must meet the qualifications for and have been accepted into the MFA in Creative Writing program.
- Fellows must demonstrate exceptional talent and promise, as determined by their academic record and, in particular, their writing portfolios.
How to Apply
- Applicants must indicate their interest in being considered for a fellowship in the title of their personal essays on the program application (use “Applicant for Creative Writing Fellowship”).
- Submit a writing portfolio as a supplement to the application for admission.
The writing portfolio should include:
- Between six and twelve poems, or no less than 15 pages of prose fiction or non-fiction (these can be, but need not be, part of the materials used to apply for admission to the program).
- A brief (three page) critique of the program’s literary site, villageofcrickets.org—to include a statement of how the writer would help improve the site.
Applications for fellowships are due no later than January 15.
Decisions on the award of fellowships shall be made by the director of the Adelphi MFA in Creative Writing, upon recommendation of the Creative Writing Admissions Committee. All decisions are final.