Dear Adelphi Students, Faculty and Staff,
I’m pleased to have an opportunity to introduce myself to you. As chief of the new Office of Community Concerns and Resolution at Adelphi, I’m thrilled to be back at my alma mater to serve as a resource of support for our community.
I stepped into my new role at Adelphi in August. Over the past two months, I’ve been engaging with many campus partners on a listening tour—I have already had the pleasure of meeting many of you these past two months and have many more introductions to make. I’m looking forward to talking with you about your experiences at Adelphi and the best ways that my office and I can support you.
The Office of Community Concerns and Resolution (OCCR) and I provide a central point of contact and oversight for handling any complaints or concerns from students, faculty, staff or alumni. I will work closely with all other University offices to:
- Enhance Adelphi’s complaint resolution channels.
- Support existing University procedures.
- Identify ways to more easily share information with you for even greater transparency around our policies and procedures.
- Ensure that action items from the Baker Tilly audit last spring are implemented.
- Help support the overall positive experience of our community members.
I’m excited to work with you to support our community and build positive cultural change. I welcome the opportunity to learn from you and hope you will reach out to me if you need assistance or have thoughts and ideas to share with me.
Allison Vernace ’13
Chief of Community Concerns and Resolution