Dear Adelphi Community,
As we approach the start of the Spring 2022 semester, we are closely monitoring the trajectory of the pandemic curve. With our first day of classes for the spring semester being January 25, we have the benefit of a longer window of time than many other universities to assess what additional safety mitigation steps would be put into place, as well as if it will be necessary to shift to remote teaching and learning for the start of classes. A decision about our in-person or remote return will be announced no later than January 18, seven days before the start of the semester.
As a reminder, our University has updated the criteria for full vaccination to include a booster dose of the COVID-19 vaccine.
- Students: Proof of full vaccination with a booster dose is required by the start of the Spring 2022 semester on January 21, 2022, or within seven days of becoming eligible for the booster dose. Noncompliance will result in restricted access to campus, which may impact enrollment in classes.
- Faculty and Staff: In accordance with the Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA) Vaccination and Testing Emergency Standard, all Adelphi employees who work at our Garden City campus or Hudson Valley or Hauppauge centers must either be fully vaccinated or submit weekly COVID-19 PCR tests (previously biweekly).
- Adelphi employees of our Manhattan Center are required by the commissioner of the New York City Department of Health and Mental Hygiene to be vaccinated. Proof of full vaccination with a booster dose is required by January 21, 2022, or within seven days of becoming eligible for the booster dose.
If you are not yet eligible to receive the booster, you must receive the shot within seven days of becoming eligible. Eligibility is determined in accordance with the current guidelines from the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC):
- Six months after the second dose of a Moderna vaccine
- Five months after the second dose of a Pfizer-BioNTech vaccine
- Two months after receiving the Johnson & Johnson vaccine
Any community members previously approved for an exemption are exempt from this new requirement.
Should you need a vaccine or Pfizer booster dose, the University can provide one on campus at no charge for students, faculty and staff. To schedule your appointment, contact firstname.lastname@example.org as soon as possible as appointments are filling up. For more information about vaccine requirements, please visit our FAQs.
To upload proof of your vaccination booster dose:
Visit the Health Portal and follow the instructions. Your documents will be securely stored on Adelphi University’s Health Services portal and will become part of your confidential health record.
Maintaining Safety This Spring
Our health and safety protocols remain in place, including for all fully vaccinated individuals. Daily health screening on the AU2GO app will continue to be required for students, faculty and staff who come to campus, and essential visitors must check in with the Department of Public Safety and Transportation.
Should you test positive for COVID-19, you should inform our Health Services Center, who can advise you of the appropriate isolation and quarantine procedures.
Our health and wellness team continues to monitor CDC and New York state guidance and will put in place the appropriate mitigation steps for a safe return for the spring semester as we have done throughout the pandemic.
Thank you in advance for your compliance with Adelphi’s COVID-19 health and safety protocols. Together, we can maximize our community’s safety.
Vice President of University Wellness, Safety and Administration