Cashier's Office FAQs
- All checks must be made payable to Adelphi University.
- Each check should be restrictively endorsed by the department with a stamp provided by the Office of the Cashier.
- Departments receiving cash or checks must give a receipt to the payee. Receipts must be prenumbered and should be at least a two-part form, with one copy maintained by the department. Contact the Office of the Cashier at extension 3274 or 3275 for hand receipts to issue to students.
- A daily logbook of cash received must be maintained and numeric sequence of receipts tracked.
- Cash or checks must be submitted to the cashier’s office daily and not left overnight in the department.
- Daily deposits to the cashier’s office must be accompanied by:
- A transmittal sheet listing names of payers, the identification number (if a student) and the amount of each check or cash received
- Adding machine tape totaling the amount of checks deposited. The departments will be given a copy of both the cash receipt and the transmittal sheet.
To get a bank or departmental stamp from the cashier’s office, contact the Office of the Cashier at extension 3274 or 3275 for assistance.
No, you cannot pay your Adelphi bill by credit card via phone. We are payment card industry (PCI) compliant. You can pay by credit card or automated clearing house (ACH) check payment by visiting our website at adelphi.edu.
When the student pays at the cashier’s window, a credit card is required so they can swipe it into the credit card terminal. No processing fee applies.
If a credit card is not presented and the cashier must enter the credit card numbers into the terminal, the cashier’s office must charge a processing fee.
To pay online at adelphi.edu, access CLASS through eCampus by using your student login and choose one of the options below:
- Electronic check payment: If you choose this method, there is no fee and payment is simply withdrawn from your checking account the following day and forwarded to Adelphi University on your behalf.
- Credit card payment: If you choose to pay your balance due by credit card and you cannot visit the Office of the Cashier to have your MasterCard, Visa or Discover card swiped, Adelphi University allows you to make a credit card payment online. See online processing fees:
**During regular operations, if you choose this option there will be an additional nonrefundable online processing fee ($35 for transactions less than $1,000; $75 for transactions between $1,000 and less than $5,000; and $125 for all transactions $5,000 or greater). To avoid this additional processing fee, the University urges its students to explore the alternative, no additional charge, payment option discussed above.
You can mail your check or money order—made payable to Adelphi University—to the following address:
Adelphi University/Cashier’s Office,
Levermore Hall, Room 3 ,
One South Avenue, P.O. Box 701 ,
Garden City, NY 11530-0701.
Please be sure to write your student ID number on your check. Payments must be sent to the cashier’s office. Do not send payments to the Office of Student Financial Services.
Tuition and fees are due in full by August 1 for the fall semester and January 6 for the spring semester, unless the monthly payment plan is elected. If you are a student preregistering for the fall or spring semesters, you’ll be billed in June or November, respectively. Students are responsible for all charges regardless of billing. All payments will be applied to past-due balances first.
Students can view their bills by logging into Adelphi University’s eCampus/CLASS, then going to the “My eBill” and “My Billing” sections of CLASS. An email notification is sent out to students when new billing statements are available.
Students may request a current Statement of Account by contacting Adelphi’s Office of Student Financial Services or by logging into eCampus/CLASS to “Request a Bill.” Once the request is received, the statement of account will be mailed to the address on file.
Many students have indicated a preference to pay on a monthly basis. Adelphi offers a Monthly Tuition Payment Plan, which provides for payment in monthly installments as an alternative. Information on this plan is sent to the student’s Adelphi email account and can also be obtained from the Office of Student Financial Services. Please note that all payment plan payments will be applied to past-due balances first.
For further information, visit commerce.cashnet.com/ADELPHIFSPPPAY or call toll free at 877.821.0625.