Off-Campus Meetings and Events
Our University remains subject to New York state and Nassau County guidance for preventing and reducing the spread of COVID-19, which can change based on public health concerns.
Guidance for Off-Campus Meetings and Events
We are also adhering to guidance from the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC), and utilizing best practices and recommendations developed by the Commission on Independent Colleges and Universities (CICU) in New York in collaboration with a public health consultant.
The following guidelines will remain in effect until further notice:
All Adelphi University-sponsored events and gatherings at off-campus locations must abide by the following University policies, as well as the policies in place at the off-campus venue. If there is a difference between the two, you must comply with the stricter requirements.
- Participant/Attendee List: Event organizers must maintain an attendee/participant list for purposes of contact tracing should someone attending the event test positive for COVID-19. This list must include first name, last name, best contact phone number and external email address for all participants.
- Daily Health Screening: All individuals must prove completion of the same-day health screening by either showing a green screen on their device or printed proof of their result prior to entry of the venue (on or off campus). The event host is responsible for coordinating with the venue regarding protocols for checking daily health screening compliance. If the event is outdoors, the event host is responsible for establishing protocols for checking the daily health screening before individuals are permitted entry into the outdoor event.
- Attendees Covered: These requirements apply to all attendees, including Adelphi alumni, donors, parents, affiliates, vendors, visitors, students and employees.
- Vaccination: Adelphi University event hosts/organizers are not permitted to ask participants about their vaccination status. Attendees participating in University-sponsored events in off-campus venues that require proof of vaccination for entry should provide that proof directly to the venue—not to the Adelphi University event organizer.
- Capacity Limits:
- The maximum capacity for indoor events is 50 persons unless social distancing of six feet between individuals can be accomplished. You should reduce attendees to promote social distancing.
- The maximum capacity for outdoor events in a single area is 500.
- Mask/Face Coverings: All individuals must wear an acceptable face covering or mask while attending Adelphi events, even off-campus events. The only exceptions to this are:
- When you are outdoors and socially distanced
- When you’re actively eating or drinking in approved locations, including outdoors, in lounges and listed below
- Universal masking will be required at outdoor events where distancing is not possible.
- Physical Distancing:
- The event organizer/host is expected to structure the room setup, event format and activities to limit close interactions. For example, fixed seating, in which participants remain in the same seats for the event duration, is lower risk than an event that encourages people to mix and mingle in close proximity to one another.
- Individuals who are not fully vaccinated are expected to maintain at least six feet of distance from other people. It is the personal responsibility of those individuals who are not fully vaccinated to physically distance themselves. The event organizer/host must communicate this expectation.
Additional Requirements for Off-Campus Outdoor Events
- Eating and Drinking: Eating and drinking are permitted outdoors, however, event organizers should facilitate physical distancing for people who are eating and drinking. Food should be attendant-served or single-serving distribution (e.g., boxed lunches); self-serve buffets and platters should be avoided.
Our health and wellness leadership will continue to monitor the public health situation and actively communicate updates to our policies. Adelphi’s latest guidance is always available on our COVID-19 website.