School of Social Work Continuing Education Tuition Remission
- Agencies whose professionals provide field instruction sufficient to enable a student to satisfy credit-bearing course requirements shall be awarded tuition remission credits on the following schedule:
- One three-quarter credit (.75) per semester supervision of a BSW junior student.
- One (1.0) credits per semester supervision of a BSW senior student or MSW student.
- Tuition remission is granted to an agency and may be assigned to an employee of the organization (but not members of their families) only with the written approval of both the organization’s director (or designee) and the School of Social Work.*
- Students may use tuition remission to a maximum of 50% of the total credits taken during any given semester, but are limited to a maximum of 6 credits of remission in any one semester. Application form must be submitted by the “Classes Begin Date” of the semester which remission is being requested. Applications for Tuition Remission are accepted on a first come/first served basis. When the School’s annual budget is exhausted, we will refrain from accepting and/or processing agency tuition remission.
- A separate application is required for each semester.
- Tuition remission credits expire two years from the date they are earned.
- Tuition remission is rendered in the form of an approved Application for Tuition Remission that is valid only when signed by a designated official of the agency and the School of Social Work. To request an application contact: Pat Durecko, School of Social Work: 516-877-4383 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Only the original approved Application for Tuition Remission shall be accepted by the University for satisfaction of tuition charges.
- Tuition remission applies to tuition only; recipients of approved tuition remission remain responsible for all other fees associated with course registration.
- Tuition remission credits do not apply to persons who are employed full-time by Adelphi.
- Tuition remission credits may be used for the following:
- Any credit-bearing course offered by the University providing the student meets the admission requirements for the course, with the exception of doctoral candidates who may use them towards their advisement fee.
- School of Social Work Continuing Education Certification Programs to satisfy up to 30% of the program.
- Return completed application to: Pat Durecko, Adelphi University, School of Social Work-Room 205, One South Avenue, Garden City, New York 11530.
* The School of Social Work does NOT permit the buying and selling of tuition remission credits. By signing the application, students and agency directors acknowledge that they are adhering to this policy.
Applications should be submitted by the “Classes Begin Date” to avoid possible changes in financial packages.
Tuition Remission Application
Download the Tuition Remission application form in PDF format in order to receive tuition remission credits.
The Adelphi University School of Social Work is recognized by the New York State Education Department’s State Board as an approved provider of continuing education for social workers, mental health counselors, marriage and family therapists, psychologists, CASAC, and creative arts therapists.