Support for Students of Color
We aim to provide culturally sensitive treatment and promote awareness for issues encountered by students of color.
Students of color may experience unique challenges during their college experience. The everyday issues related to negotiating academic and personal responsibilities can be compounded by race-related stressors you may encounter both on and off campus. At the Student Counseling Center, we aim to provide culturally sensitive treatment and promote awareness for issues encountered by students of color. We hope you will find this resource list to be a good starting point for further discussion
On-Campus Resources for Students of Color
- Office of Diversity, Equity and Inclusion
- Office of Multicultural Student Affairs
- Multicultural Student Organizations Directory
- Homeplace – Affinity Space for Students of Color
National Resources for Students of Color
- Black Women’s Blueprint Project – Through their Black Women’s Truth and Reconciliation Commission (BWTRC), the Black Women’s Blueprint Project aims to secure political and economic equality in American society.
- 21 Latino Organizations You Need to Know
- 100 Black Men of NYC
- Institute on Domestic Violence within the African-American Community – Focused on unique circumstances of African-Americans as they face issues related to violence in intimate relationships and the community.
- Women of Color Network – Addressing unique challenges encountered by Women of Color.
- National Coalition of 100 Black Women – Advocating on behalf of black women and girls.
- NAACP Chapters in NY
- Multi-Racial Resources
- Queer & Trans Therapists of Color Network