Work toward a NYS psychology license with postdoctoral psychology fellowships.
Why Earn Your Certificate in Psychoanalytic Psychotherapy at Adelphi University in New York?
The Postdoctoral Psychology Fellowship provides psychologists with training and professional experience leading to the fulfillment of New York State licensure as a psychologist. Candidates may choose between training in adult psychoanalysis and psychotherapy or in child, adolescent, and family therapy. This is a part-time (20 hours/week) position and extends over two years. The following four components will comprise the fellowship:
- Direct clinical work with 4-5 psychotherapy patients.
- Attending two years of classes in either the Postgraduate Program in Psychoanalysis and Psychotherapy or the Postgraduate Program in Child and Adolescent Psychotherapy with a full tuition waiver.
- Weekly, psychodynamically oriented individual supervision and monthly group supervision.
- Teaching two classes per semester in the undergraduate psychology or masters-level Mental Health Counseling Program. Fellows will be paid at the University adjunct rate.
All experience will count towards New York State licensing requirements. In addition, all classes, supervision, and clinical experience obtained during the Fellowship will be credited towards certification in our programs.
Application Requirements and Deadlines
The application deadline for admission is February 15, 2024. Applicants should have:
- Earned a PsyD or PhD in clinical, counseling or school psychology
- Completed an APA accredited internship
- A limited permit to practice in New York State
Applicants for this program should submit the following:
- Personal statement, including statement of interest and experience with psychodynamic psychotherapy
- Personal Statement
- Transcript sent directly from the university granting the doctoral degree
- Two letters of references
Fellowship applicants will be contacted for interviews once we have received the completed application.
Awards & Recognition