Balance work with study and prepare for a leadership position in social work, improving life in our communities.
What Can You Do With a PhD in Social Work?
A PhD in social work will expand your capacities to conceptualize, develop, evaluate and disseminate knowledge of the problems that impact the human conditions as well as the strategies designed to change those conditions. You’ll be prepared to serve in public social service organizations, teach in colleges and universities and engage in social research.
Why Earn Your PhD in Social Work at Adelphi?
- Earn your degree while continuing your career with part- and full-time options and flexible classes.
- Learn to think critically and evaluate a broad spectrum of clinical, administrative and social policy interventions.
- Benefit from working with our experienced faculty and well-developed system of advisement, mentorship and community connections.
Application Requirements and Deadlines
The application deadline for Fall admission is April 15, or permission from the Program Director. Applicants must have an MSW or an equivalent degree, 3.3 GPA and preferably 2-3 years of post-master’s work experience. Applicants should submit the following:
- Graduate application and $60 fee
- Three letters of recommendation addressing academic ability and other skills
- 3-4 page personal statement
- Writing sample showcasing academic/scholarly writing skill and style
- Transcripts from all tertiary academic institutions
- Cover letter
Additional Requirements for International Students
Additional information is required from applicants with degrees from non-native English-speaking countries as well as an official TOEFL score of 80 or higher OR IELTS score of 6.5 or higher.