Dear Adelphi Students, Faculty and Staff,
I’m pleased to have an opportunity to introduce myself to you, as Title IX Coordinator and Director of Equity and Compliance at Adelphi. I’m thrilled to be part of such a vibrant and diverse academic community.
Since my start in early August, I’ve been engaging with many campus partners on a listening tour—I have already had the pleasure of meeting many of you and have many more introductions to make. I’m looking forward to talking with you about your experiences at Adelphi and the best ways that my office and I can support you.
The Title IX Office at Adelphi University provides a central point of contact and oversight for handling any complaints or concerns from students, faculty, staff or alumni regarding sexual assault, relationship violence, sexual harassment, discrimination, and retaliation. I will work closely with all other University offices to:
- Empower, protect and inform the Adelphi community,
- Promptly and objectively investigate Title IX concerns and related matters,
- Support existing University procedures and community values,
- Educate the Adelphi community via impactful training,
- Identify the best ways to share information with you and provide transparency around our policies and procedures,
- Help support a positive experience for all our community members.
I’m excited to work with you to support our community and build positive cultural change. I welcome the opportunity to learn from you and invite you to be in touch if you need assistance or have thoughts and ideas to share with me.
Feel free to contact me at email@example.com or 516.877.4819
Lance Houston, J.D., LL.M.
Title IX Coordinator and Director of Equity and Compliance