Anyone who has information on the identity of the person of interest Public Safety. All calls will remain confidential.
On Thursday, January 19, 2017 the Garden City Police have report the arrest of a Hempstead man for Public Lewdness.
On September 25, 2016, at approximately 10:30 p.m. a female was the victim of an attempted assault that occurred near a vehicle in parking field #4 adjacent to the Performing Arts Center. The person of interest approached a female student and was asking directions to the gym. The victim was accosted by the person of interest, exposed himself and then fled the area.
Person of Interest:
The person of interest was described as a male, Caucasian in their early 20’s at approximately 6ft. to 6ft. 2 inches with a slim build (approx. 180lbs). The person of interest had long black hair (possible wig) tied as a pony tail wearing pink lipstick, makeup, a black sweatshirt zippered in the front with a light colored top underneath, possible women’s gym tights, and a possible bra. The person of interest was asking for directions to the gym. See image below.
Anyone who has information on the identity of the person of interest or information on this crime can contact the Adelphi University Department of Public Safety at 516.877.3511. All calls will remain confidential.
If you become alarmed or suspicious by any unusual activity or have any information regarding this incident, call the Department of Public Safety for assistance at 516.877.3511 (off campus) or dial “5” from any campus phone.
For your Safety:
- Trust your instincts. If you feel unsafe, go with your gut. Don’t worry about what others think; safety comes first.
- Use your cell phone. Make sure it’s charged before you leave home and coordinate with a friend if you need to text him or her for a “friend-assist.” Also, make a plan in case your phone dies, so you can meet up with your friends at a familiar location at a certain time.
- Be alert and aware of your surroundings. If you detect any suspicious activity and are concerned about your safety, immediately respond to a location where you can call for assistance. (ex. Emergency phones, Emergency Call boxes)
- Don’t resist a robbery attempt.
- Don’t leave your door open or unlocked for any period of time.
- Don’t enter a stranger’s vehicle.
- Don’t allow any individual into your apartment or building if you do not know who they are.
- Keep your doors locked at all times.
- If you see something, say something! Intervene if you see a situation that seems risky to someone’s safety. By stepping up you can possibly prevent a crime. Also, don’t be afraid to call school security.
- Stick with your friends. Arrive at events together, check in with one another throughout, and leave together. Think twice about going off alone and if, for whatever reason, you have to separate from your friends, let them know where you are going and who you are with.
- Watch out for your friends. If a friend seems out of it or is way too intoxicated, get him or her to a safe place.
- Be aware of your surroundings. Whether you’re walking home from the library or at a party, be mindful of potential risks. Get to know your campus or neighborhood and learn a well-lit walking or driving routes. Think of a safe exit strategy. Are there people around who might be able to help you? Is there an emergency phone nearby?
Community Support Services:
In addition to the Adelphi Student Counseling Center 516.877.3646, Adelphi partners with experts who will provide support services to victims of sexual assault. Community support services near Adelphi locations include: Nassau County Coalition Against Domestic Violence Rape Hotline: 516.222.2293 New York State Domestic and Sexual Assault Hotline: 845.452.7272
For further information, please contact:
Public Safety and Transportation
Levermore Hall, Suite 113
p – 516.877.3500 or dial “5” from any on-campus phone