Dr. O’Connell has written extensively on counseling concepts and strategies which have proven effective and have helped to motivate Junior and Senior High School students.
From his vast experience, Dr. O’Connell has written extensively on counseling concepts and strategies which have proven effective and have helped to motivate Junior and Senior High School students. He relates anecdotes and real life examples that orchestrate motivational techniques or point out a direction to be taken. His topics range from college strategies, to understanding and assisting children with learning problems, form motivating the disaffected kid to inspiring high powered students to greater heights and directing them to Ivy League Colleges. To paraphrase a recent book review. ” His book is the quintessential guide for parents, teachers and counselors, laced with humor and innovative approaches.
Awards and Publications:
- Awarded a New York State Counselor of the Year
- Awarded a Nassau County NY Counselor of the Year
- Winner of a New York State Counselor’s Association Award for the Outstanding Counseling Publication for 2007
- Winner of Multiple Exemplary Practices Awards
- Published a Guidance Handbook for the National College Association of Admissions Counselors
- Published Several Guidance Handbooks: Laurel Press
- Published in the National Association of College Admissions Counselors Journal
For further information, please contact:
Strategic Communications Director
p – 516.237.8634
e – firstname.lastname@example.org