The department of Public Safety and Transportation announces what you need to know before Freshman Orientation for the Class of 2020.
The Department of Public Safety and Transportation welcomes our freshman Class of 2020.
What to bring to Freshman Orientation to receive a Photo ID and Parking Decal:
- A photo ID such as a driver’s license or a high school ID
- To receive your free Adelphi University decal, you MUST register your vehicle with the Department of Public Safety and Transportation, located in the Lower Level of Levermore Hall, Room 012. You MUST bring the vehicle registration or a copy with you to our office. You may register up to 2 vehicles.
A few things to know:
Your Adelphi photo ID card will give you access to the gym, library, and the underground parking garage. If you are a resident student it will also have access to your residence hall. Resident students will and Commuter students may have a meal plan put on their card.
- If damaged, bring the pieces (must have identifying information on it) to the Public Safety office to get a free replacement.
- If lost, you need to file a lost ID report at the Public Safety Booth located at the entrance to Parking Field #1 outside of Levermore Hall, and pay a $15 replacement fee at the cashiers’ office in the lower level of Levermore Hall. Bring the report number and the cashiers’ receipt to the Public Safety office to obtain your new ID.
Parking Is by Permit (decal) Only
Parking regulations apply to any and all vehicles using campus-parking facilities including visitors. Decals are issued to a particular license plate and are not transferable.
- For information about Parking for Residential Freshmen go to safety.adelphi.edu/parking/resident/
- Parking decals must be affixed to the rear bumper, driver’s (left) side of the vehicle.
- Temporary parking permits must be obtained for any vehicle on campus that is not registered with this department and displayed on the dashboard (driver’s side.)
- Adelphi Handicap permits can be obtained at Office of Disabilities Support Services, University Center Room 310, 516.877.3145. (Both a State handicap permit and an Adelphi handicap permit are required.)
- One Day Visitor Permits can be obtained at the Public Safety Booth (Parking Field #1, next to Levermore Hall.) This includes for overnight guests of resident students.
- Decals expire on September 30 of each year and must be renewed each year.
The above information and more can be found on the Public Safety and Transportation website.
For further information, please contact:
Public Safety and Transportation
Levermore Hall, Suite 113
p – 516.877.3500 or dial “5” from any on-campus phone