Sharing a reminder about our updated schedule and announcing some very good news about dining.
Dear Adelphi Community,
I hope you had a wonderful winter break and are enjoying the spring semester!
In my first email this semester about the Ruth S. Harley University Center renovation, I want to share a reminder about our updated schedule and announce some very good news about dining.
You’ll recall that we announced that the team made the decision to delay starting construction on the Ruth S. Harley University Center until after Commencement on May 19, 2019.
- This start date minimizes impact to campus operations and ensures that your meetings, activities, office use and dining at the UC won’t be affected by construction during the spring semester.
- It also gives us ample time to evaluate bids from potential contractors and to complete our due diligence procedures so we can select one that fully aligns with Adelphi’s goals and project budget.
- We are also looking at alternative suppliers and materials that can offer added value at a reasonable cost, including more sustainability initiatives.
Good News About Dining
It’s official: We will be installing a temporary dining hall on Levermore Lawn—a place where you can eat in indoor comfort year-round and find all your favorite UC foods during the renovation.
- This interim, stand-alone dining venue is not a tent; it’s a fully insulated unit that will be air-conditioned in the summer and heated for the winter.
- It will seat up to 220 people.
- You will find the same foods, drinks and snacks here as you do now in our current UC. Same freshly made foods, sandwiches, pizza, pasta, make-your-own salads, etc.
- We expect the interim dining hall to be fully operational in Summer 2019.
- We don’t have photos or drawings yet—but will share them when we do.
Two Food Trucks on Campus
Since we are now planning a large temporary dining hall, we need fewer food trucks on campus. But two are still planned: One will be halal; the other will have a rotating menu based on your votes!
As always, I’m grateful for your collaboration, input and participation in the UC renovation, which will double our dining space, give us extra meeting and study space, and become an exciting new center of campus life. Please continue to share your questions and feedback with me at ucprogress.adelphi.edu. More updates soon!
Executive Vice President of Finance and Administration
Office of Finance and Administration
For further information, please contact:
Strategic Communications Director
p – 516.237.8634
e – firstname.lastname@example.org