With all of the challenges the past nine months have brought, Adelphi University remains deeply committed to helping reduce your stress and ensure your success. In light of the physical, emotional and financial challenges that the pandemic has caused, Adelphi is pleased to announce that we have partnered with GradGuard™ insurance to offer you and your family an affordable way to protect the investment you have made in higher education.
GradGuard™ provides tuition insurance that can give you peace of mind and financial stability by reimbursing tuition costs and other covered costs if you have to withdraw at any time during a semester for a covered reason such as:
- Serious injury or illness, including COVID-19 or mononucleosis
- Chronic illness, including diabetes or autoimmune disorders
- Mental health conditions, including depression or anxiety
Cost and Benefits of Tuition Insurance
For a fee of 1.25 percent of the elected coverage amount, you can purchase tuition insurance from GradGuard™ that will:
- Protect up to 100 percent of your investment in your tuition, fees and housing.
- Reimburse tuition payments and other school-invoiced fees after a withdrawal for a covered illness or injury.
- Enhance your financial protection beyond the scope of the University’s Refund Policy.
- Enable you to withdraw due to a covered illness or injury at any time during the semester without financial penalty.
- Provide access to a 24-hour Student Life Assistance hotline for help in navigating emergencies and unexpected issues.
Your college education is one of the biggest investments you will make in your lifetime. Now you can protect it, one semester at a time, with optional tuition insurance.
This insurance program complements and enhances our school’s Refund Policy, and we believe families will benefit from this added protection by offering reimbursement for covered illness, injury or mental health withdrawals at any time during the semester. To learn more about tuition insurance, visit the GradGuard FAQs page.
The deadline to apply is the day before the first day of classes each semester. To get a quote or additional information, visit the GradGuard Adelphi page or call 877.794.6603.
Director of Student Account Services