Learn about the accomplishments of Derner Institute students.
Publications and Presentations:
- Balbert, T. proposed her dissertation Construct Validity of the Social Styles Scale: A Self-
Report Measure of Counterdependency. September 23rd, 2014.
- Borovikova, M. (2014, October). Bi-curious, so to speak: Linguistic considerations within
the therapeutic whole. Paper presented at the Association for the Psychoanalysis of
Culture and Society, Annual Conference, New Brunswick, NJ.
- Collins, H. proposed her dissertation Experiences of Adopted Persons Who Maintain
Relationships With Birth Relatives Following Reunion: A Qualitative Study. June 18th, 2014.
- Conway, F., & Lyons, S. (2014). Object relations of hospitalized adolescents engaged in
self-injurious behaviors. Journal of Infant, Child, and Adolescent Psychotherapy, 13.
- Curtis, R. C., & Ladha, A. (2014). Overview of group therapies, personal growth groups,
and support groups: Theories and research support. In Derrickson, H. (Ed.), Group
therapy: Theory, practices, and effectiveness. Hauppauge, NY: Nova Science.
- Dillon, J., & O’Loughlin, M. (2015). Questions unasked: The legacy of childhood trauma in
the life narratives of Lithuanian women survivors of the 1941 Soviet deportations. In
O’Loughlin, M. (Ed.), The ethics of remembering and the consequence of forgetting:
Essays on Trauma, history, and memory. Lanham, MD: Rowman & Littlefield.
- Eidlitz, L., Szymanski, K., Paul, E., & Hien, D. (2014, November). The impact of childhood
abuse on treatment effectiveness in a sample with comorbid PTSD and alcohol misuse.
Poster presented at the International Society for Traumatic Stress Studies Annual Meeting,
- Fiori, K. L., & Denckla, C. A. (2015). Friendship and happiness among middle-aged adults.
In Demir, M. (Eds), Friendship and happiness: Across the life-span and cultures. Springer.
- Gerber, A. J., & Knopf, L. E. (2015). An empirically-based psychoanalytic curriculum.
Psychoanalytic Inquiry, 35(sup1), 115-123.
- Goldman, R. proposed her dissertation Psychotherapy Integration and Alliance: An
Examination Across Treatment Outcomes and the Exploration of Borderline Personality
Pathology. October 21st, 2014.
- Holder, C. (2014, November). Assimilation, Ethnic Identity, and Personality Characteristics
of People of Caribbean Descent. Poster presented at the biennial meeting of the
Caribbean Alliance of National Psychological Associations. Paramaribo, Suriname.
- Ladha, A., Chin, J. L., & Desormeaux, L. (2015). Diversity leadership. The Feminist
Psychologist, 42(1), 11.
- Levy, S. R., Hilsenroth, M. J., & Owen, J. (in press). Relationship between interpretation,
alliance and outcome in psychodynamic psychotherapy: Control of therapist effects and
assessment of moderator variable impact. Journal of Nervous and Mental Disease.
- Lombardi, K., & Gordon, A. (2014). Life after “death”: An empirical and clinical perspective
on trauma. In O’Loughlin, M., & Charles, M. (Eds.), Fragments of trauma and the social
production of suffering: Trauma, history, and memory. Lanham, MD: Rowman & Littlefield.
- Miller, S. proposed her dissertation When It’s Over: Post-Termination Contact following
Psychodynamic Psychotherapy. October 27th, 2014.
- Marion, J. proposed her dissertation Serious Games: Women’s Participation in Consensual
Sadomasochism. June 18th, 2014.
- O’Loughlin, M., & McLeod, B. A. (2015). “Thinking beyond our means”: Engendering a
depth understanding of trauma. In O’Loughlin, M., & Charles, M. (Eds.), Fragments of trauma and the social production of suffering: Trauma, history, and memory. Lanham, MD:
Rowman & Littlefield.
- Paul, E., Tsypes, A., Ernhout, C., Eidlitz, L., & Whitlock, J. (in Press). Frequency and functions of non-suicidal self-injury: Associations with suicidal thoughts and behaviors. Psychiatry Research.
- Siegel, D. proposed her dissertation Patient Characteristics an Early Treatment Gains As
Predictors of Functional Outcome and Symptom Change at Discharge in Patients with
Treatment Resistant Schizophrenia in a Social Learning Program. October 23, 2014.
- Taylor, J. proposed his dissertation Never Had a Friend Like Me: An Exploration of
Friendship in the Therapeutic Alliance. October 15th, 2014.
- Tufekcioglu, S., & Muran, J. C. (in press). Case formulation and the therapeutic
relationship: The role of therapist self-reflection and self-revelation. Journal of Clinical
Psychology: In Session.
- Ugwumba, N. proposed her dissertation Once a Bully, Always a Bully? Stability and
Change in Patterns of Bullying and Victimization during the Transition from Middle School
to High School. June 18th, 2014.
- Zecevic, L. proposed her dissertation The Role of Mentalization as a Mediating Mechanism
between Childhood Trauma and History of Suicidal Behaviors in Young Adults. October
- Zecevic, L., & Szymanski, K. (2014, November). Early childhood trauma impact on
suicidality: A relationship between risk factors and suicidal ideation. Poster presented at
the Annual Meeting of the International Society for Traumatic Stress Studies Annual
Meeting, Miami, FL.
For further information, please contact:
Strategic Communications Director
p – 516.237.8634
e – firstname.lastname@example.org